Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

the revs on 700 Transalp 2009 when started for the last month has been getting lower and lower. It used to rev at around 1800-ish.
Its got slower and slower and now down to below 1000 and stalled this week.

what is it? An air temp sensor? Fuel pump? I’m just guessing there. But being fuel injected, not an out there guess. I replaced the air filter about 3-4 months ago, totally clogged.

Any ideas? Common issue?

cheers

john

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 700 but never had a same problem. As it is fuel injected I don't think you can adjust the idle as you would on a carbureted bike. Fueling issue possibly . Sorry I can't be of more help...Please post what it was when you resolve the issue.
F

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I've been pondering this to no avail (although I have little personal experience of the 700)

Stabs in the dark...

Plug caps playing up?
Perhaps retrace your steps from the air filter change looking for disconnected/pinched hoses/cables etc?
I believe some of the earlier/more basic injected bikes had an electrical/mechanical cold fast idle device - maybe stuck/clogged?
I doubt an air temp sensor would cause this but a faulty coolant sensor (or corroded connector, throwing a faulty signal) could.

I doubt it would be fuel supply (as presumably it runs ok out on the road?)

Good luck, Phil

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps, I’ll do a bit more digging.; yes a Phil, runo fine on the road.

its comfortably hundreds of miles on from when I changed the air filter.

john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts