I looked at my link in the earlier thread and it's stated as ended

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi Rob

Have you got a recent link to the intiminators that you used

I want to buy a set for the RD04

I looked at my link in the earlier thread and it's stated as ended
A good recommendation Paul, You seem happy with them on the 07 so now the 04 getting the treatment :thumbup:

My 03 has them and am also seriously considering another set for the marathon
Oh and the Rd01 has the the same fork internals:)

Bulk purchase ?:D

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Hi guys - I bought direct from Ricor in the 'States, being unable to find a middle-man a bit closer. $240 inc. shipping (at $60), + £35 customs etc. charge from DHL.. Took about 2 weeks. Hope it's worth it - despite plans to fit them myself, just don't have the time, so a local mechanic's doing them as we speak. Tick tock, as they say!

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Irrespective of whether these things are any good, am I the only one to think the blurb on their website sounds like complete and utter tosh????

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am not the fastest rider in the world by far and like the way my front forks handle bumps etc and got the chance of riding an @ with intiminators fitted so this is a comparison with my bike against my friends who bought them.
Its a lot harder when sitting on the bike to compress the forks and in my opinion just doesnt feel right stiff right from the beginning. Once riding it feels very stiff at the front and not to my exactly to myliking as it jolts your arms when riding over small bumps or small potholes it makes riding less enjoyable and wondered if that is how its supposed to be. I rode the same bike before the intiminators were fitted and thought it was perfect (@ with 12000miles) I am not for or against them but this may help somebody decide if they are buying some whether they prefer track bike front end or front suspension that dives but soaks up the bumps and in my opinion more relaxing ride.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,026 Posts
That doesn't sound right. On mine the forks were nice and soft over bumps without being wallowy at high speed, but seemed stiff when braking so effectively anti-dive forks. Did he put the right grade oil in or after market springs?

Reactions: alias and een705

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
With yen on this one
Something amiss here mine is stiffer on the fork dive but very supple over potholes and off-road

Reactions: een705

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I will mention it to him and maybe he could contact both of you to make sure everything is as it should be

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I agree something doesn't sound right

The front is more supple and controlled over the ripples, dive is less and initial sag is much less but very controlled

I have the Garmin mounted high up and with the old OEM set up it would oscillate up and down on the road, this has now stopped and the unit is almost stationary due to the intiminators valving working as it should

Just back from an Italy trip and the front worked perfectly on and off road

Reactions: een705

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a RD04 and are considering Ricor Intiminators or Race Tech Emulators.

Have anybody tried the Race Tech valves?

What is the best valve for offroad use?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry for the late reply Peter, I have the intiminators in the RD04 as well, they work great. I prefer the intiminators as they are easier to work with and have a good range of damping control. The race tech are more focused. I don't race now so don't need to be chasing 10ths of seconds anymore

21 - 31 of 31 Posts