Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Plan is to get Mrs Doggy (and mesel:thumbup: ) a Transalp but seat height could be a problem. She rides a CBF600 at the mo' and apart from a couple of zero mph whoopsies (and we're all a member of that club eh;)) bools along all over europe nae bother.
After reading that excellent review by the dutch guy (sorry, can't remember the name .......it's an age thing) on here I thought we might wait for the new 700 but are there any lady Transalpers ( or indeed, less than tall guys) on here & if so how do you get on with them? I read summat about a seat lowering/contouring kit, anybody got one?

Any info appreciated.

Doggy

p.s. Excellent site this ...... can't stop reading about all your adventures .... brill!

p.p.s Can't believe I spelt height wrong .......durrr!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Ride hight

I have a 30" inside leg measurement and manage the TA fine with the standard seat, solo or two-up. I did try the Honda lower seat but found it actually made it harder to put my feet down than with the standard one - something to do with width of my hips and shape of the seat. It was also considerably less comfortable for me, but it is a personal thing (we're all different shapes) and some people like the low seat.

I've got the rear suspension slightly higher than standard thanks to a Hagon shock and after putting progressive springs in the forks (which made them longer) I pulled them up through the yolks 15mm.

Best advice is to go to a dealer and sit on a TA - that's the only way you can judge properly for yourselves but it is possible for shorter people to get on with the TA. I''m not sure how the 700TA seat height/shape/width compares with the 650, though.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Re: Ride hight

Plan is to get Mrs Doggy (and mesel:thumbup: ) a Transalp but seat height could be a problem. She rides a CBF600 at the mo' and apart from a couple of zero mph whoopsies (and we're all a member of that club eh;)) bools along all over europe nae bother.
After reading that excellent review by the dutch guy (sorry, can't remember the name .......it's an age thing) on here I thought we might wait for the new 700 but are there any lady Transalpers ( or indeed, less than tall guys) on here & if so how do you get on with them? I read summat about a seat lowering/contouring kit, anybody got one?

Any info appreciated.

Doggy

p.s. Excellent site this ...... can't stop reading about all your adventures .... brill!

p.p.s Can't believe I spelt height wrong .......durrr!

Hiya, as a lady transalper I have a lowered seat on mine and find the height much better, although not a short lady (5ft 8 and my dad would probably dispute the lady bit I found the standard seat a little high. The lowered seat if fantastic

Oh and I edited the title to spell it right

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi
I am 1,70 cm and with an inseam of 75 cm roughly. (29,5" ??)
I rode the Transalp 1996 model quite fine.
This is the highest model in seat height (855 mm)
I belive the newer 650 TA`s are about 1 cm lower in seat height.(843mm)

The trick is to be comfortable using one foot on the ground

When i started driving on my first bike. A CB 500 my main concern was to have the foot flat on the ground.
Dont think much about that now with my AT!!

@lf

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ta for all of that:thumbup:
Looks like it's going to be close and there's also the question of the new 700's dimensions being the same so I reckon we'll have to wait until they're in the showrooms (anyone know when that will be?) so we can have a good clamber about and a test ride on one.

Doggy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had a sit on one in my local dealers and they're not as tall as I thought so it's looking good. I reckon Soo (Mrs Doggy) might just get away with it with the help of a seat lowering kit and .............. best of all ............. she quite likes the red one:):):)

Doggy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts