Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you subscribe to Ride magazine for either 6 months (£22 odd) or 12 months (£43 odd) you get a "free" pair of Oxford "Light" heated grips.
I'm not fussed by the mag but 6 copies & a pair of grips for just over 20 quid ain't bad at - and all delivered to your door

Phil

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, no interest.
Mine's on order & waiting for my grips to arrive :D

Took out 3 copies of Bike for a pound too.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
I didn't want to see this thread - paid around £60 for a new pair of Oxford grips a few weeks ago to replace the old, failed ones (but glad I had them for the recent chilly weather).

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I cancelled my subscription a few years back the free gifts were the only thing keeping me reading it. I had a 1/4" Teng socket set, Set of Beta screwdrivers, Motrax neck & shoulder warmer and a few other things. When it was time to renew i never bothered the mag was so thin the stories were wishy washy and it had generally gone down hill big time from when i started my subscription some years before, i did pick a copy up in tesco the other day and browse through it they were doing bikes for £1500 or something it still didn't appeal so i left it there.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
They're bottom of the range Oxfords with the mag.
Do they warm your hands and fit on the bars? What more do you want? ;-)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
They're bottom of the range Oxfords with the mag.
Didn't realise they did more than 1 type, i just checked the oxproducts website and they show 6 models. All of which appear to be the same spec :confused::confused::confused::confused: but with a different grip ????

Oxford Products

·
Ex seagoing truck driver
357 Posts
Different switching/heat outputs I think you'll find. The 'Light' is suggested as being suitable for scoots.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Different switching/heat outputs I think you'll find. The 'Light' is suggested as being suitable for scoots.
reading it only the scooter ones are differnt all the others are upto 50 degrees and draw less than 4 amps, scooter ones are upto 45 degrees and draw 3 amps. So the story here is buy the cheapest one as they nearly all have the same heater elements

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Free Oxford grips? If they're the cheap ones with the two position switch then they may be worth having. If it's the other ones then just eBay them.

I see from Jason's link that the Oxford muppets appear to have redesigned their improved revised updated new model advanced extra reliable controller yet again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's Oxford "Light" grips that come with the offer.

These are cheaper & designed (???) Predominantly for smaller bikes - so they say. I reckon their normal grips are too pricey & many are turning to cheaper/more reliable alternatives.......

The "Lights" have a 3 position panel mounted switch - off, low & high.

Anyway, I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.
How bad can they be, I mean the price is right!

Phil

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
The "Lights" have a 3 position panel mounted switch - off, low & high.

Phil

So it will be the same controller as my Hein Gerike one's then seeing they are the same size shape and everything else, 2 heat settings and off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts