Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fortunately both rider and pillion are ok (bruised and battered and with a hairline fracture)
Not sure what happened yet but it was on the way to Whitby and they had slowed down from 70 to 40mph.
The Rider a mate of mine has only had it for a week!

Now the nice weather is coming it doesn't need me to remind you to ride safe

the picture almost looks like he tried taking it off road but it is infact a 8ft deep trench at the side of the road

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wow, nice parking.....surely if he just rides it up the track it will ride up out again?

Hope the bikes not damaged other than cosmetic, glad the rider can feel like an eejit rather than in pain too.

Judging by the top box mount, I reckon it went in nearly upside down or backwards. Not the nicest way to start your life on a new bike, if he isn't doing an insurance claim you might want to scrub that plate more though.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
did he ride it down into the ditch? from the topbox it almost looks like he stopped and the sidestand didnt hold on the verge, the bike then rolling over down there?

if ridden down there i bet she was giving the poor bloke an earful and he lost concentration.
(sexism is alive and well in my house)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
What a classic bit of parking, now hows he going to ride it back out?????

Seriously hope he's ok though

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Thats the thing with pan's. They are rubbish off-road:toothy1::toothy1:

glad everyone is ok:thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of them are hurting lots and let out of hospital, the bike has been recovered on a lorry.

Not sure yet as to the full explanation but it wasn't a corner or anything like that. Possible engine seize?

The bike is with the police at the moment.

Rob who was behind on the @ is shook up - the rider was his best man and pillion a birthday boy he has known for ages.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did he ride it down into the ditch? from the topbox it almost looks like he stopped and the sidestand didnt hold on the verge, the bike then rolling over down there?

if ridden down there i bet she was giving the poor bloke an earful and he lost concentration.
(sexism is alive and well in my house)
Heheh both guys !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts