Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I took the TA to work yesterday. It was frosty so I selected the correct rider mode, adjusted the screen for the speed I would be travelling, adjusted the suspension, de selected, the traction control, selected launch control, adjusted the lean control abs etc:toothy10:

Nah not really I just rode appropriately for the conditions. I just don't get all this cr*p taking control away from me.

Time to go,

Paul

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I should probably explain: I am an engineer (mechanical) and do like a bit of technology especially if it make the whole riding experience better and safer and more reliable and helps keep costs down and new riders interested but it seems to be being used as a marketing tool rather than for the benefit of the biking world.

However I must admit to my preferences having changed over the years. I confess I like riding, I like making my decisions to keep me on the road I also like the responsibility that keep me on the road.

I can't argue with ABS even though I would like to turn it off at times but power modes, launch control etc really doesn't help improve riding standard and skills but it will help convince some riders they are more talented than they actually are and I don't want to be in the way when technology lets them down.

Nuff ranting. Had a good ride on the TA today and still not planned my euro trip yet and hope to get a UK weekend in too - you never know I may even meet some fellow TAers.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I know what you mean Paul i took a mate of mine over a mountain pass the road was all broken up, there were two gravel strips with tarmac in the middle all the way, when we started going over the top and down the other side there was allot of large loose gravel on the track he stopped to put his GS into enduro mode before he would attempt it and got down it safely. Me well i was on my 21 year old CB1000 and got down it safely as well without all the electronics :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts