Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the RD lads wants to do the stelvio this summer, his wife wants to go as well but is only ona 33bhp restricted licence, does anyone know of anyone problems with riding in europe on tis type of licence? Moon? Philinfrance?
please
Merv

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
One of the RD lads wants to do the stelvio this summer, his wife wants to go as well but is only ona 33bhp restricted licence, does anyone know of anyone problems with riding in europe on tis type of licence? Moon? Philinfrance?
please
Merv
Same rules apply in Germany:hitler::hitler:

·
Registered
79 Posts
No issues with riding a restricted bike as long as the rider has passed their test....which they clearly have in this case.

Chris

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
slightly off thread but related. i know there's restrictions in france if you've held your licence less than a year (Speed restricted) is this also the case if you've held your bike licence for less than a year but have held a car licence for over twenty years???

Just that me and the good lady are thinking of going for a sojourn around france in early august and as it stands i'll have held my licence for less than a year for the first week. can just see me tootling along at 40 until midnight :( and then wanging it for all i'm worth on the stroke of midnight :thumbright:

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speed restriction is 90kmh anyhow for under a year of having passed your test
merv

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
the french rules are pretty complexe on tis subject & I'm not really au fait with them having never been concerned. As I understand it, in france you're restricted to 33hp for 2 years following your test, UNLESS you were over 21 when you took the test at which point you're not restricted. For one year following the test, I think you're supposed to display an "A" on the rear mudguard "Apprentice". I think that so long as you're legal in the country of registration, & that is a country within the EU then you'll be ok (otherwise no english bikes would be allowed cos in france we're restricted to a max of 100hp!).

The speed limit on the "routes nationales" (single carriage way main roads) is 90kph (55mph) unless indicated otherwise. The autoroutes limit is 130kph (80mph) but is automatically reduced to 110kph (68mph) if it's raining. The autoroute also has a minimum speed limit of 50kph.
The speed limit within a town or village boundary (white name sign with red border) is 50kph (31mph) unless indicated otherwise. The exit from this zone is marked by the same name sign but with a red diagonal line through it.

I can probably find out more details with a little research if needed.

Basically Merv, so long as your licence corresponds to the machine you're riding then you're ok.

MooN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts