Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I've decided that I have a Rikycross engine bar on my RD04.

Unfortunately, I managed to chuck it down the road last week after being caught out in the snow and ice.

Although my engine bars did their thing, they now are a bit buckled, resulting in the bar snagging the fuel tank. These seem a pretty thick gauge metal, and springy too, so when I attempt to move them, they pop back to cuddle up to their new friend, Mr Fuel Tank.

As a result (and the fact that they've now been called upon 4 times in my ownership), I think I should replace them. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find a stockist on the web, and my Italian is non existent.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

·
Am I that old?????????
214 Posts
I would love to find a stockist too. Emailed the Italians with no success. M+p used to do stuff but don't anymore :sunny:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got my bars from Touratech, and they came with Riky Cross packaging, although the blokes at the end of the phone strenuously denied it.
If you want I have a spare set of bars in my garage, yours for the price of a pint! (and you pick up)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Err - that's a bit odd (about Touratech, I mean).

The set I have look the same as touratech, but have a mesh covering, iyswim.

What are the ones in your garage like?

(edited to correct smelling pistake).

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
landyandy said:
...Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find a stockist on the web, and my Italian is non existent...
I went down this route a couple of years ago. I tried all the main suppliers, but after waiting a month for M&P to deliver they announced that they didn't have any in stock and RikyCross weren't planning to deliver any new stock any time soon.

My advice, go with Touratech, Motad, or anyone else but RikyCross. I don't think their kit is so far superior that it's worth busting a gut over.

Iain

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have gone off the whole idea now anyway. Think I'll probably stick with what I've got, although the latest series of crashes has moved the mounts, rather than buckled the engine bars.

Looks like I'll be buying a bigger hammer instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts