Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Phil's updated the first post of this thread Axe :thumbup:
Ah, just seen that.
Got the email about the update on my phone,
But my desktop browser didn't update for some reason.

Ta.
:)
Axe

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
RIP Rob, and bon voyage from Down Under. Can't make it to the funeral, but my thoughts are there. If you judge a man by the number of friends he has, Rob must have been quite a bloke.

Tim.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Got back from Frads funeral earlier today,

When I set off for work this morning it was a bit overcast and cold,
the day brightened up brilliantly, By the time I got to Frads house the sun was shining, Vader was doing the standing in the street directing bikers thing and I still managed to take the wrong "Second right turn" :)

The order of the day was Funeral directors car leading the way followed by the bikes and Frad then the family cars.

It was brilliant, the sun was shining down, it was a fabulously clear day and we rode through some lovely countryside,

Hudders (I think it was Hudders, the rider looked short enough to be hudders but IIRC the last time I saw him he was trying to pick up a RWB Africa Twin, I think this guy was on a blue one) and another rider (Sorry I didn't see who was riding but you were on the white VFR (I think it was a VFR))
(This Is all a bit vague, but my memory is shot)
Did a fantastic job of holding up the traffic at junctions.

When we got to the church it was packed! there must have been 300+ people there.

It was a lovely service,

and TBH I feel honoured and privileged to have been able to take part in his final journey.

Rest in Peace Frad, you will be missed by many, but forgotten by none.

XXX
Axe.

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Got back from Frads funeral earlier today,

When I set off for work this morning it was a bit overcast and cold,
the day brightened up brilliantly, By the time I got to Frads house the sun was shining, Vader was doing the standing in the street directing bikers thing and I still managed to take the wrong "Second right turn" :)

The order of the day was Funeral directors car leading the way followed by the bikes and Frad then the family cars.

It was brilliant, the sun was shining down, it was a fabulously clear day and we rode through some lovely countryside,

Hudders (I think it was Hudders, the rider looked short enough to be hudders but IIRC the last time I saw him he was trying to pick up a RWB Africa Twin, I think this guy was on a blue one) and another rider (Sorry I didn't see who was riding but you were on the white VFR (I think it was a VFR))
(This Is all a bit vague, but my memory is shot)
Did a fantastic job of holding up the traffic at junctions.

When we got to the church it was packed! there must have been 300+ people there.

It was a lovely service,

and TBH I feel honoured and privileged to have been able to take part in his final journey.

Rest in Peace Frad, you will be missed by many, but forgotten by none.

XXX
Axe.

Yes Axe it was me the short one one the Blue XT1200 and Piguglyshandydrinker (Phil) on the White one ;)

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
I think we did Frad proud, he was led on his last ride by 16 or 18 bikes.

Organisation was spot on, as mentioned Phil and Si did an excellent job of keeping the procession together.

Proud to have been part of it.

John.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts