Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
sad news....I was reading his MCN article this morning on bike crash protection and safety.....

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Very sad news indeed, condolences to his family and friends:(

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Shame. He was an encyclopaedia of motorcycling. I met him in Spain on the Crosstourer launch

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Sad news RIP Kevin

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Reactions: Buellie and hotbulb

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Very sad

I rode with him on a test launch of the Ducati 916SP at a very wet and icy Donnington many years ago

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Not easy to keep readers/viewers happy but Kevin was one of the better writers. Maybe off on his biggest adventure? RIP

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I'm not a great fan of mcn but Kevin Ash had more knowledge & cut to the truth more than most. A great loss to his family & the motorcycling world.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
Such a shame I enjoyed his writings, condoloncies to his family, a great Husband and father judging by all the statements that I have read.

A tragic loss to motorcycling in general.

·
Registered
290 Posts
After a hard day with new problems and bad news, I have just got round to today's Telegraph and Kevin's obituary, how very sad, it puts our own little troubles into perspective, a really good bloke, the best of the bunch, gone, he will be terribly missed. R.I.P.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
After a hard day with new problems and bad news, I have just got round to today's Telegraph and Kevin's obituary, how very sad, it puts our own little troubles into perspective, a really good bloke, the best of the bunch, gone, he will be terribly missed. R.I.P.
Indeed, a top journo. There was a good obit in the Sunday Times from Geoff Hill who was also on the ride when Kevein Ash lost his life.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Just found out that Alun over on ABR was injured as part of the same incident.

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

RIP Kevin Ash.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
A worrying article in the Sunday Times today on the death of Kevin Ash in South Africa and the possible connection between several reports of the new BMW 1200 GS suffering from tank slapper problems without warning....

A Bike journo has had a similar experience here in the Uk, and BMW are refusing to release the outcome of their investigations or comment. The article noted that BMW in Canada and the US have recalled bikes for mods, and that Italy are not releasing bikes for sale.

Reactions: chunkolini

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I did wonder if there was a link between this awful accident and that 'issue'.
From my reading, it would be easy to jump to that conclusion.... Sounds as if the Ash family are taking it further too, hence BMW's reluctance to say much.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
I was reminded of this today , a freind of mine messaged me to say he has just buried the remains of Kevin Ash today

Kevin Ash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts