Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the Forum. I have always ridden large touring bikes but have recently added a CRF250L for small backroads riding. I don't want to ride off road, just the small tarmac tracks that wind over moors and Dales. The CRF has the stock knobbly tyres and I don't feel secure cornering on tarmac with such a small contact area. Can anyone suggest best tyres that would be suited to road with the occasional foray onto a gravel track.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi, new to the Forum. I have always ridden large touring bikes but have recently added a CRF250L for small backroads riding. I don't want to ride off road, just the small tarmac tracks that wind over moors and Dales. The CRF has the stock knobbly tyres and I don't feel secure cornering on tarmac with such a small contact area. Can anyone suggest best tyres that would be suited to road with the occasional foray onto a gravel track.
Mitas E07s...I found these to be a really good compromise for this bike. Big improvement over stock, both on and off road. Feel pretty planted in the wet.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
good choice of bike I would really love one well wear with it :thumbright: what I have fitted to my transalp 600 well I still have the front is continental conti escape back has worn out and I just stuck on an avon road rider 130/70/17 road tyre on there that has taken me places in the dry that would make tyre snobs shake their heads in disbelief . I really love the conti escape very sure footed off road well on the forestry and mountain tracks I go on that can be wet and have grass growing on them to loose rocks on very steep inclines that make me really want a 250/350 single endure with a moto cross back tyre . so for very safe road use wet or dry a pair of conti escapes would be perfect for your needs and green laning in the dry and even a bit of wet mud occasionally they will dig you out no bother . they are very keenly priced too and last well enough but the main thing is they handly great in the wet on road never mind price or wear safety first . nice quite tyre too bridgestone battle wings are not good on wet roads and make a racket . I am no expert on the matter but I will get them again for the transalp :thumbright: for 1000cc and bigger adventure style bikes like varadero 1000 or xtz1200 that really should stick to hard roads Michelin anakee 2 seem to be the tyre of choice but that might be old threads I was reading ? maybe there is something better now .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts