Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Pyrenees trip I needed to install a roadbook holder

Due to the cost of the electrickery ones I opted for a manual one

They supplied a mount that the scroller ran through that was meant to be fitted direct to the handlebar. This would mean removing the switchgear so I made up a faux bar made from a piece of handlebar and mounted this to the clutch body with a 22mm stainless P-Clip where the old handguard used to bolt to. Then I fitted the mount and then the scroller. I replaced the harder high pressure airhose link pipe supplied with a softer high pressure airhose

The bodge meant I could retain all the switchgear and scroll whilst still holding onto the handlebar - job done

Inside looking out view

P1050183.jpg

Outside view

P1050184.jpg

Top view

P1050185.jpg

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
It's almost identical - the one I used was from Raid Designs at 1/3rd of the price of the Acerbis one - great people to deal with - I think you posted up on these a while ago - thanks for that

See it in use here

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/81163-pyrenees-aragon-navarra-2012-a.html

Mine cost me about £2.00 a food container, drilled 4 holes in the side put some electrical conduit through it and drill 4 holes in the back so i could either cable tie it to the handlebar bridge or use a spare ram mount bracket that i had

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
It's almost identical - the one I used was from Raid Designs at 1/3rd of the price of the Acerbis one - great people to deal with - I think you posted up on these a while ago - thanks for that
Yes, that's the one. I think I have a write up on how to make it electrical driven using a small electrical position motor taken from an Audi, and some LED lights för those night missions.

Home made RB's are always good fun, but this Acerbis copy is very nice considering the price.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's the one. I think I have a write up on how to make it electrical driven using a small electrical position motor taken from an Audi, and some LED lights för those night missions.

Home made RB's are always good fun, but this Acerbis copy is very nice considering the price.
I would be very interested in that info - would it be possible to email it to me at

paul dot stanley @ landg dot com

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I'll see if I can find it 4 You.

This is what it looks like when modded.

fraggel.se • Visa tråd - Biltema Roadbookhållare

The builder of the unit above used a small electrical position motor from an Audi A4 with part number BOSCH 0132801302.
An additional aluminium plate is also installed, and they exchanged the plastic shafts for ones made of alu.
One of the shafts is directly connected to the motor. You can only drive it forward with the motor. You have to rewind/reverse the notes manually. Some LED's is glued inside the Roadbook holder for night driving.
I'll see if I can find the building instructions for You.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Kjell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts