Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning some arrogant fool undertook me whilst I was nearly starting to pass a truck and then forced me to brake hard because he swung into the lane I was in. If I hadn't, then he would have hit the nose of my car.

Did he think he was clever? Did he think that putting his own life at risk and more importantly mine was worth that 3 seconds of time he saved?

I was sodding angry, and even after calming down I still think "Duh - why?".

I just needed to vent.. check this out instead, it's far funnier Purple and brown (not rude)

or this.. Dance

or this which is really cool Clever

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Was he on a bike or in another car ??

If he was a biker he should be forgiven and given total absolution, he was just "making progress" - if on the other hand he was driving a car , kill the bastard !!.

G

·
Oh Fewtrees, Oh Fewtrees, Oh Fewtrees my dear fellow, how foolish are you? Don't you realise what's happened here? The reason this incident occurred is quite simple, he's far more important than you :D Infact, I'd go so far as to say he's probably more important that anyone, that's why he can ignore the rules (which afterall only apply to ordinary people :wink: ) and drive however he sees fit. And as to the matter of his own personal safety, Death himself would fear disturbing this chaps progress, so he's perfectly safe you see.

Next time you see him, you'd better appaulagise and give up your carparking spot too :D :thumb:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Ya know Rob,

This is my first proper winter of commuting, I've always lived close enough to work to be able to walk in.

I've never had as many close calls as in the last month. I'm reaching the conclusion that people are still half asleep on that drive in to work. So all their normal faults, not thinking, not looking ahead, lack of awareness, are all exacerbated by the fact that they'd rather be in bed.

More than ever my moron radar is going off.

Talking of which, some gimp dump 100 lites of diesel on the roundabout outside work and throughout the site this morning. Nice one

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
sorry to hear you ran foul of the VIP in his panzer :twisted:

those vids are a very good for calming road rage though :thumb: :lol: :lol: and yes the drumming one is clever and cool :D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I rode the @ into London Monday morning for an 8.45 meeting. The traffic was amazingly clear - I moved along pretty well, filtered when the traffic slowed at lights but overtaking the rest of the time would often have involved speeding.
The menace on the roads were cyclists. They come up inside you, outside you, cut in front from both directions (often at the same time). I nearly had three of them off on Blackfriars Bridge and was skidding about trying to stop myself hitting them - they are mad!

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
You have my sympathy, I think this was the morning for f*ckwittery on the roads, I thought they were all down here but it looks like they're all over the country.

The effing eeedjits :evil:

-Simon

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ah well, Another encounter with German Car syndrome. Fewtrees, don't you know that they're our social/financial betters? Owners of BMW's, Mercedes', Audi's and even VW's are allowed to cut you up, use breakdown lanes to pass, flout speed limits and even run red lights while chatting on their phones. I'm pretty sure it's the law.

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
And on the way home too, a Focus so close to my bumper I couldn't see her in the vans mirrors.

I braked "enthusiastically" to see what she'd do and she almost went sideways :thumb: And then followed me for the rest of the journey at precisely the same distance from my back bumper :roll:

[email protected], the lot of them. We're the only competent people out there :thumb:

-Simon

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Phew, for a minute then Fewtrees I thought it must have been me :shock:

But then I read your next post, another fricken AUDI AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Whealie said:
I rode the @ into London Monday morning for an 8.45 meeting. The traffic was amazingly clear - I moved along pretty well, filtered when the traffic slowed at lights but overtaking the rest of the time would often have involved speeding.
The menace on the roads were cyclists. They come up inside you, outside you, cut in front from both directions (often at the same time). I nearly had three of them off on Blackfriars Bridge and was skidding about trying to stop myself hitting them - they are mad!
We in the traffic engineering game (and what a game it is) lovingly refer to cyclists as 'donors'. They don't live long but are usually very healthy and have nice useable organs if not totally flattened.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
YEN_POWELL said:
Whealie said:
We in the traffic engineering game (and what a game it is) lovingly refer to cyclists as 'donors'. They don't live long but are usually very healthy and have nice useable organs if not totally flattened.
EMMMMMMM !!!! (whisper) ......... I'm a cyclist !!!! but don't tell anybody here........... Paranoid ?? Me ?? Nah !! everybody just hates me !!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Wee Jack said:
YEN_POWELL said:
Whealie said:
EMMMMMMM !!!! (whisper) ......... I'm a cyclist !!!! but don't tell anybody here........... Paranoid ?? Me ?? Nah !! everybody just hates me !!
Please, no drinking, smoking, or eating fatty foods. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Funniest one I had was on the M5, a coach had broken down in the slow lane and was visible from about a mile back as everyone was moving into the outer two lanes. I'm in the middle lane and in front of me but in the slow lane is a petrol tanker, he starts indicating to pull into the middle lane so I drop back and flash him to carry on, now at this point the traffic is moving at a walking pace so the tanker is gradually pulling over, cab's in the middle lane but the arse end is still in the slow lane. Now for the first good bit, Mr Pratt in his shiny white 4x4 comes belting down the slow lane, slams across in front of me as I've left a gap ( remember that petrol tanker ?? ), then starts trying to overtake the tanker - which is still moving, 4x4 is now half way down the tanker as said tanker driver starts straitening the rig up... expensive 4x4 and tanker interface. Well it was expensive for the 4x4 cos' there are large chunks of metal on the side of the tanker that hold the transfer pipes in place, I think they might have lost a bit of paint :lol: .
Tanker carries on, Mr Pratt jumps out of now stationary 4x4 almost purple with rage, looks at the damage, looks at me ( at this point I've lost the war with mirth and mirth has won ) and decides I, in all honesty will not make a good witness for his actions, so he jumps back in and accelerates off.
The second good bit comes as Mr Pratt then catches and cuts in front of the petrol tanker... and tries to show his displeasure by slowing down, tanker carries on at the same speed and just before Mr Pratt gets stuffed a second time he chickens out and gets out of the way. At this point I am a) Amazed that any one could be so stupid b) Seriously considering pulling onto the hard shoulder as I was laughing so much

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Hehehehe, I've seen that cutting off thing happen between a big dump truck (the kind that's 15 meters long and carries sand) and some shopping trolly daihatsu or so.

Shopping trolly apparently got its little panties in a knot over something, so accelerates past the truck and then sharply cuts in front and slams on the brakes.

Truck driver isn't an idiot, knows he can't outbrake the little sod anyway and that he shouldn't even try, so he just lets it roll. *Punt* goes the little shopping trolly, 800 kilo against 30 tons or so, it never stood a chance. ;-)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
EMMMMMMM !!!! (whisper) ......... I'm a cyclist !!!! but don't tell anybody here...........
Me too, but I'm not like them. I understand that pavements are for pedestrians, that traffic lights and stop signs apply to cyclists too, that cutting across three lanes then back again is dangerous and that when I was given a hi-viz waistcoat, it didn't come with an guarantee that I had absolute right of way wherever and no matter how erraticly I cycled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts