Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
At least you cannot get done for not displaying the tax disc.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Will this see an increase in vehicle cloning? Similar to the problems people have when there car is recorded as using the congestion zone in London when they were at home in some distant location.
In preparation for this launch work was carried out into tamperproof numberplates that couldnt be removed without trashing them. Adds to the cost of a numberplate and ths faff if you tow a trailer.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
After they spend all the momeny on this scheme and in a few years time when DVLA have got there heads a round how the new scheme actually works all they will have to do then is come up with another hugely expensive scheme to try and work out how to get all the people that refuse to pay it and insurance to be forced to pay it. Every week in local paper i see people being took to court for no tax or insurance and in just about every case the fine is much less than the cost of tax and insurance, it's a no brainer why some people choose not to pay it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah tax dodgers insurance dodgers the type of sneaky cnut that while keeping his sneaky eye out for plod ends up clipping a biker.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
It's about time, it's a complete waste of time. you don't have to display in your window that you have an M.O.T or insurance or a drivers license etc so why tax? It's all recorded on a computer database now and the police know instantly from your reg if you are legal or not.

I for one will be glad to stop pissing about with tax discs for my car and bike.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
We have had this system in Denmark since Ive been here (22 yrs) and its been in Germany for quite sometime too.:hitler:
The money gets lifted from my bank account every January for road tax and insurance and the only way I can stop em doing it is if I return my number plates to the authorities or sell my bike on.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am surprised that such an advanced country like britain took a while to cotton on to this idea.:lol:
Now if you could just figure out how to get rid of the two dich heads running the show:happy7:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
This could be an interesting thread.

I see that the Government are saying that it is possible to pay monthly with the new scheme. Is this to simply spread the cost of 12 months tax, or will it enable us to tax vehicles for the months we choose to use them?? Some people lay their bikes up for winter, so there could be a saving there? Others have multiple bikes/classic cars, so could choose which one they want to tax for road use each month?

If they wanted to simplify things even further, possibly making more savings, why not just run insurance, road tax, and MOT for the exact same period? If you needed to produce your insurance to book an MOT, and when passing the MOT you had to pay for your tax, wouldn't it be more straightforward?

:bom:

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
..... wouldn't it be more straightforward?

:bom:
I'm sure it would be, but there would be fewer opportunities for "the powers that be" to catch out those of us who forget to tax or MOT vehicles on time and fleece us foir our inadvertant tardiness. And there'd be fewer legal niceties for our "learned friends" to exploit...sorry "Explore".l

Nevertheless I agree with most... it's high time this was introduced ... the pretty coloured paper doily has been an anachronism ever since MOTs and insurance were recorded on that central database. No doubt we can look forward to greatly reduced motoring expenses once this streamlined scheme begins ... colossal savings in paper and postage costs not to mention all the DVLA staff who'll have plenty of free time (and no jobs ! :( )

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
It's about time, it's a complete waste of time. you don't have to display in your window that you have an M.O.T or insurance or a drivers license etc so why tax? It's all recorded on a computer database now and the police know instantly from your reg if you are legal or not.

I for one will be glad to stop pissing about with tax discs for my car and bike.
Yeah but Craig, undoing those non sized allen bolts and nuts on your Oxford over engineered tax disc holder keeps you entertained for hours (well it does for me:toothy10:)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I had mine nicked the other day had to pay to get a replacement and within a month they abolish it.:hitler:

The Beeb called it car tax because they have bowed to pressure from the cycling lobby, which is made up of nasty, spiteful, bigoted individuals who will not listen to reason and try to twists everything everyone else says.

I made the mistake of engaging with them on Twitter recently so I storified it.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Does that mean if I get caught with a guiness bottle label in my tax disc holder, I wont get fined?:blob7:
I havnt paid uk road tax in over 30 years of motorbiking and dont plan to start now.:clown::clown::clown:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
One benifit is there is now no reason to clutter up the car windscreen with anyting that hampers clear vision.

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I made the mistake of engaging with them on Twitter recently so I storified it.
Just to annoy the cyclists even more :)thumbup::thumbup:).... my Land Rover, which does about 15mpg so must, I imagine, have high emissions, is zero-rated for VED, or Road Tax as most sentient beings call it, because it's "historic" :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
One benifit is there is now no reason to clutter up the car windscreen with anyting that hampers clear vision.
Other than sat-navs and mobile phones now ;););)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Monthly tax instead of 6 or 12 months was supposed to be introduced when DVLA was first up & running 15 20 ? years ago.

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
the £7,000,000 admin they save will be given to the DHSS to pay for the people they lay odd i reckon

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I like the way if you pay it in one go its say £210 but you can now have it with the added benefit of direct debit... which is 5/10% more. So the ones on a tight budget making ends meet get to pay even more than the minted Mutha Fudders who can just splash the cash

1 - 20 of 22 Posts