Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Touratech will sell you one ...for lots of dosh

What about map holder, Haliford or Millets sell them, that's what I use as it can be removed and stuffed out of the way when not in use.

Or you could make you own Blue peter style. ie take a Tuppaware tub or similar with clear plastic lid. Make up two rollers top and bottom with shafts the go though the side of the tub, with Knobs on :shock: to turn the rollers. Use a set of elastic bands between the rollers to support the paper and connect the rollers together. The holes where the 2 shafts come though can be seal with rubber grometts. It can be mounted by making a plate or something to fit where ever.......hopefully you get the picture.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Muckybill said:
Mudwiz said:
Muckybill said:
I use one of these http://www.oldbikeshop.com/detail.asp?ItemCode=ROUTEH sits just right on the standard bars.

Bill :D
That looks good, how many sheets can it take?
Only takes one A4 sheet you advance it manually.
It does me for a days riding and putting the right info on the sheet makes it easier to follow than keep looking at maps.

Bill :D
Thanks Bill, I think I'm after one that will take many sheets stuck together.

I've tracked one down at MotoWard yamaha, an acerbis manual wind on one, that I think will do the biz. well, for £50.

·
VespaOwner
125 Posts
You may want to check this out on ebay.

Side to side to the Touratech one, this is the same price as their roadbook compact, but has the size of their regular one that costs 127punds. This one already comes with an internal light that Touratech charges a bunch of money for, so I guess it is a lot better deal. But you might be the judge of that.

here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=150122483432&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks
Jorge

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
i made one for my xr using a tupperware box from tesco and some 20mm electrical conduit the used the ram mount from my vardsero's gps to attach it to the bars for road trial all in all cost me about £3.00

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I have seen some guys using the army dixies (alu canteen boxes) that you buy for a fiver at surplus companies. That works a treat as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts