Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I sold my Kyamm I been looking for a replacement tent which is lighter and packs smaller. I thought the Coleman Phat 3 would do the job but it turns out I am about 2 inch to tall for the tent. Ticks all the boxes regarding pack size and weight but I push the inner onto the outer tent with my feet. No good when it rains.
After talking to Hudders over a few shandys I decided to have a look at the Robens Voyager.
Weight is about 4kg,packs down a bit bigger than the phad but smaller than the Kyamm.
First impressions are real good. I can put the tent up alone within 5-8 min. All seams seem to be reinforced especially for the poles.
Easy to set up and lots of space

Couple of pics

Small pack size

Big tent

Big enough for a double airbed

Indoor Panorama shot

The best price I could find was £195
I will be bringing it to the national if anyone wants to have a look
Pete

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
If i bring the xtz sidecar project I may well use the tow bar I had fitted to pull my caravan so I dont have to camp with the german ruffian....

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
After talking to Hudders over a few shandys I decided to have a look at the Robens Voyager.
Hudders, just the man to talk to if you find yourself too tall for your tent, eh? :mrgreen:

Good choice though, that's the one I would've bought if I hadn't run into my ballroom tent. ;-)

Did you get my PM a while back by the way? I seem to have lost the ability to send PMs in the meantime (so Lowflyer if you read this I'm not ignoring you I just can't send stuff unless I pay up. Which I hoped to avoid...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts