Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

A friend who used to be an avid bike rider is doing a very small charity run to support the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS). It's this conditions that after many, many, many surgeries has stopped her bike riding for good :(

Anyway Jo (AKA ROBOJO as she's got that much metal in her body) is doing a sponsored train ride from Birmingham to Inverness and back (though she is going via Penzance, London and York ;) )

She's only looking at raising a modest £250 so every pound helps.

Her just giving page is at Joanne Connors is fundraising for National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) - JustGiving

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
done my little bit
great initiative!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
:angel9:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sorted :thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Folks,

I simply had to register for the forum when I saw what you've been contributing to my JustGiving page, I really can't put into words how overwhelmed I was on seeing the total going up.

As Kymmy said Rheumatoid Arthritis stopped my biking days, even now all these years on I look in envy as a bike goes past, that and the fact that despite what the public at large may think, bikers are such a wonderful bunch of people. :)

I really can't thank you all enough for your generosity, especially in the difficult economic times we're having at the moment.

Despite the titanium inside, i don't yet have a metal ass, so Paul I think you may be right with your comment on JustGiving.

Big Thanx to Kymmy too, for making the post.

I'll be lurking here in the forums from now, cursing at you all as head off aboard your trusty steed's while I wait for the stagecoach. :)

Take care folks and thanks again :thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just a wee update for you all

I've had a call from Val at NRAS HQ today, it seems that Scotrail have kindly donated a sleeping berth for the London - Inverness leg of my journey next week.

So my thanks go to Scotrail for their very kind offer

Also a BIG thank you to folks from here too.

I've been sat doing nothing for hours on end so as to toughen my rear up ready for next week ;)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sorry to hear you've had to give up biking

Good luck and have a soft ride in the sleeping berth !!

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi folks,

Please forgive me spamming your forums, but i've got another update to share with you all.

I've just had notification that First Great Western have kindly upgraded me to first class on both legs of my journey with them which is from Plymouth to Penzance, and the Penzance to London Paddington leg.

I'd best dig out some posh clothes so some snooty git isn't looking down his nose at me the whole journey ;)

Thanks again for your kindness :)

Jo.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Hi folks,

I'd best dig out some posh clothes so some snooty git isn't looking down his nose at me the whole journey ;)
Or if you're very posh you could have your butler do it :happy3:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
havin bother puttin my dosh on the just givin site.. will keep trying.. if al else fails you can get Kymmy to pm me the address.. save you a £10 in subs :thumbup:

remember not to drink out of the saucer on your posh train trip :D

Sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
A little bit more to the total so far. Have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jo's off early in the morning so I just want to take the time to wish her "Bon Voyage"

For those wanting to follow her timestable is as follows

Tuesday 8th

Cross Country Trains XC151000
Birmingham New Street d 07.12
Plymouth a 10.48

First Great Western GW110100
Plymouth d 11.18
Penzance a 13.18

First Great Western GW121300
Penzance d 14.00
London Paddington a 19.24

First Scotrail SR270307
London Euston d 21.16
Inverness a 08.30 (Wednesday)

Wednesday 9th

First Scotrail SR041000
Inverness d 09.18
Perth a 11.33

First Scotrail SR530600
Perth d 11.59
Edinburgh a 13.19

Cross Country XC175000
Edinburgh d 14.08
Birmingham New Street a 19.08

Total Mileage for the trip is around 1806 Miles

·
Registered
201 Posts
That was close ... nearly missed this thread. Come on guys just a few more of us need to donate and she'll be able to reach her new target.:thumbleft:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just an update for you while I prepare everything for tomorrow.

After my original target of £250 was smashed, by wonderful folks including yourselves, I've been advised to raise my target by the folks at NRAS HQ, they say that JustGiving often give this advice.

I've set up a blog just for the rail race, which I'll keep updated if you'd like to follow it. You'll also find updates on Twitter if you look for the #nrasgrr tags, and there's also a Google Map

Well I've got to make good use of that free first Class wifi ;)

Thanks again to everyone who has donated, you're all stars.

Happy n safe Biking

Jo.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts