Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm experiencing some rough running whilst the engine is ticking over I think it's referred to as hunting, it also seems to miss fire occasionally on a steady throttle at around 2000 rpm with a soft sort of wet fart backfire on the overrun. Can anyone put there finger on a reason for these symptoms, any help would be greatfuly received as I am planning to go on a long tour of Ireland in a few weeks time.
Cheers Neil.

·
Registered
673 Posts
When was it last serviced? plugs airfilter etc. carbs balanced (presuming its a twin) and any airleaks in exhaust / carb intake?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys just got it sorted:thumbright: after searching some other forums today ( don't tell the boss) , the most likely cause seemed to be an air leak on either the intake or exhaust systems sure enough when I listened closely on the left side of the bike I could hear air being either sucked or blown, turns out the fuel pump vacume pipe was split near the carb close enough to cut of and re connect temporarily :) Thanks again for your responses though.

Incidentally I'm riding a 05 Transalp��

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
good you got it sorted . I take it you will be going to county Clare . if so you have to go to loop head its west of kilkee turn at the lighthouse then do a left at the sign that says coast road then follow the signs that say loop head cycle way its the best coast road in Ireland that I know of . going by your user name you will love it . if you want to take a photo of your bike outside father Ted's house turn down by the ruins of the church in killanaboy its down there a few miles on the left you cant miss it . its along the road between Corofin and Ballyvaughan .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Alias thanks, yes I will be aiming to do a complete circuit of the isle of Ireland staying as close to the coast as possible within reason:p. I'll look out for the stretch you've described but to be honest I think I'm going to be spoilt for spectacular scenery especially on the west coast:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts