Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd put up a post to see if anyone in the MK/northants/chilterns/oxon area wants to suggest some routes or meetups to travel to the national. does anyone fancy meeting up on the M1/M6/A14 to ride up or meet up with the others riding on similar routes.
wether to take M6 all the way up and get there in plenty of time or scenic route up and miss the best pitches (ie noone wants to pitch bottom of the hill with all the rain we've had lately).
SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS ??

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right,take it i'm on me own then,change me name to billy...................... :crybaby:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
I'm now meeting up with Chad,Cie and possibly marc - dont know if we'll be coming by you - i'll need to speak to the tall one - i'm sure we could meet up on the way if were passing anywhere near you ?

p.s thanks for the previous offer (i was a billy too ;) )

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm hoping to leave at a reasonable time thursday morning and stop for a bit of scoff halfway up,take it nice and easy arrive while it's still daylight and can get a nice spot with e veiw:glasses7:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RIGHT THEN LADS AND LADETTES,i've had a couple of pm's so i'm gonna stick my neck out and make a suggestion so please come up with a better plan and show me your still alive out there and I'm not on me own cos currently the wife thinks i'm up to no good cos i'm travelling on my own.

googled the route and it's a bit boring,straight up the M6 3 1/2 hours with a couple of stops 41/2 hours.
alternative straight up M1 to leeds-ish and cross the dales through harrogate etc 5 hours but more scenic.

any suggestions?

whats a good meeting place for the off?

rothersthorpe services handy for m1/m6 and easy for ths chiltern lads and anyone from cambridge/milton keynes or coming up m1,onto m6 and meet birmingham lads.

come on gents lets get something started or the wife thinks i'm up to no good.

how about another chiltern get together or maybe bucks northants before we go i'm not up to much when it comes to OS maps but I know of plenty of nice lanes etc so what do you think?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Wotcha BT ! Iv'e just now got back on the site after being away in Italy.Dunno perzackly when I,m going up but I'll let you know in good time if I can hook up.(hows the little one?)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello mate,saw the pics you must have been taking most of them cos you only popped up in a couple. very jealous looked like a great trip.
you'll be heading staight up the M1 i suppose so your welcome to meet up and have a coffee loo stop etc as is anyone if they want to break their journey, i'm about 10 mins from M1 right next to the A45 billing.
so thats a possible 3 so far looks like might not be on my lonesome after all.sean m's pm'd me as well so we might be able to get the chiltern run boys together,see who falls off this time.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
I'm a little bit further oop Narf than you guys, but this is the way i will going if anyone else is on the route and wants to join me.

A1 from Newark

Branch off onto the A684 to Bedale, Leyburn,Hawes.

Onto the B6255 then branch across to Dent

Chris

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
I'm a little bit further oop Narf than you guys, but this is the way i will going if anyone else is on the route and wants to join me.

A1 from Newark

Branch off onto the A684 to Bedale, Leyburn,Hawes.

Onto the B6255 then branch across to Dent

Chris
That's a neat route...

...but you could come off the A1 just a few miles earlier and take the A6108 (signposted Masham) which joins up with the A684 at Leyburn just after Middleham. Actually you can avoid Leyburn if you turn left just after The Bridge over the River Ure (wasn't that a flim??) just after Middleham.

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
That's a neat route...

...but you could come off the A1 just a few miles earlier and take the A6108 (signposted Masham) which joins up with the A684 at Leyburn just after Middleham. Actually you can avoid Leyburn if you turn left just after The Bridge over the River Ure (wasn't that a flim??) just after Middleham.
OOOOOOOh Masham ------NOOOOOOO i'm not drinking that horrible Black sheep Rigwelter.

Cheers Jim might save me a few miles an 1/2 an hour having a swift half at the Brewery :D

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
Hiya guys :)
Still a bit touch and go for me, but I am beginning to look an almost possible maybe for a Friday trip up (but think I'll need to get going before end of afternoon Mudwiz).
Anyone think they're maybe going Friday earlier than Mudwiz?

·
2,428 Posts
Still a bit touch and go for me, but I am beginning to look an almost possible maybe for a Friday trip up (but think I'll need to get going before end of afternoon Mudwiz).
Anyone in the general area think they're maybe going Friday a bit earlier than Mudwiz? :cool:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
glad your almost back on your feet mate,hope it all went well.
I'll definitely be going up on the thursday morning,early as possible,if no one else seems to be going i'll probably have to lurk around the A1 and hook up with chad's lot by accident if you know what i mean,me being a billy and all that....:rolleyes:

stiil glad your going to try and make it mate , hopefully see you there.

·
2,428 Posts
I'll definitely be going up on the thursday morning,early as possible,if no one else seems to be going i'll probably have to lurk around the A1 and hook up with chad's lot by accident if you know what i mean,me being a billy and all that....:rolleyes:

stiil glad your going to try and make it mate , hopefully see you there.
Cheers BT - I really hope so... :pottytrain5: :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Anyone in the general area think they're maybe going Friday a bit earlier than Mudwiz? :cool:
Well Deb and i hope to leave around 2ish from our place near redhill/surrey.Would that sound good to you?

·
2,428 Posts
Well Deb and i hope to leave around 2ish from our place near redhill/surrey.Would that sound good to you?
Good morning M'Lord Vadar :D
That sounds very good. I'll pm you after my physio assessment on Thursday to say for sure if I'm going to be able to make it and we can look for a meeting up point on your route. :cheers:

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
No i think I'm Billy ---i will be going up early and should be on the A1 around Blyth Services around 10.00 if you want to hook up give me a PM -----see my earlier post for Route

Cheers

Chris

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hopefully we should be up there about that time,look out for us,depends on how long brekkie lasts i suppose

1 - 20 of 20 Posts