Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

I've been doing road racing for a few years and fancied a change so have got myself an XR400 following a trial day in Wales which well and truly got me hooked!

I live near Dunmow, near Stansted airport, which admittedly isn't perhaps the best for green laning, but I know there are a few byways etc right on my doorstep.

I was wondering if there were any local people on here that I might be able to tag along with to find out where I'm going?!

I also work near Braintree/Coggeshall and I understand there are also a fair few routes around there?

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
There are two Guys who live in Basildon Lord Vader and Chad. Vader has a TA and a GSA with Knobblies and Chad has a GSA and size 12 feet, Chris Whealy he lives in the big smoke and rides / falls off AT's with Knobbles. But there are loads more who will ride miles for muds and good photos of pain and suffering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the replies! Ive registered on essex bikers and the eb laners forum, hopefully we'll catch up there.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
As it is i will be out and about tomorrow checking out a few lanes which i marked on my OS map. Does not look to dramatic but you are more then welcome to come along.I always can use another pair of hands to pick my bike up:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer, still got to get MOT'd and taxed yet though, and get most of the gear!

I've not thought this through have I!

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are quite a few good lanes near you. We have a nice route from Hatfield Broad Oak to Newport we try to do every week. We wil most likely be doing it this sunday if you fancy meeting up. We could meet you in Takely if you like.

Text me if your up for it 07831 186 500 Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.

I would love to but Im off Skiiing on sunday. Would be great to join you another weekend if thats OK.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Off to Tignes! Did our first ski trip last year to Val Thorens, best holiday i've ever had! Cant wait :mrgreen:

Will make a note of your number if thats OK and give you a text when Im back?

Matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey matt, if you dont mind me asking, how and where did you road race? sounds rather interesting. Also i hope to participate in some trail riding myself some day and this thread has been very helpful!
Alex

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Hey matt, if you dont mind me asking, how and where did you road race? sounds rather interesting. Also i hope to participate in some trail riding myself some day and this thread has been very helpful!
Alex
Once you got your bike and gear sorted come along for a bit of mudplay. I will post up next time I go but most of the time its spur of the moment thing with me.

Fancy some of this???

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/80914-essex-drought-fact-fiction.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds good but not sure I can. Firstly im only 16 and my parents would be a bit of a barrier. Secondly I only have a little 50cc at the moment with road tyres. I did get some off road Michelins when I bought it but wouldnt know how to fit them. Id also need the gear. Thanks for inviting me though, do you go out as a group or just individually ?
Thankd

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Sounds good but not sure I can. Firstly im only 16 and my parents would be a bit of a barrier. Secondly I only have a little 50cc at the moment with road tyres. I did get some off road Michelins when I bought it but wouldnt know how to fit them. Id also need the gear. Thanks for inviting me though, do you go out as a group or just individually ?
Thankd
Most of the time I go out by myself as I work shifts and its tricky to hook up with someone. Regards your tyres,you can get them fitted at a bikeshop or somewhere like universal tyres in croydon. Cost you a bit of money but at least you get your tyres on.
What bike you got? Any pics?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
As it is i will be out and about tomorrow checking out a few lanes which i marked on my OS map. Does not look to dramatic but you are more then welcome to come along.I always can use another pair of hands to pick my bike up:D:D
Hi guys, sorry, im probably starting to grate on you now with all the questions but what are the lanes marked up like on an OS map ?
Thanks
Alex

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,009 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts