Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=1]ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN[/h]Has anyone here got one of these or test rode one?
Im giving some seriuos consideration to testing/buying one...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I dont think 24bhp is enough for an adventure bike but if you fancy being different then go for it.
The report I just read suggests there could be a bigger engined version on the way so it might be smart to wait a while.
I have ridden in India but not this model and it was over 30 yrs ago, I would suggest a trip to India to try one and get your mind toally blown...:D:D:D
I just read this test ride and it makes me want to go back over there, maybe take my teenage son on a bucket list trip.;););)

https://rideexpeditions.com/royal-enfield-himalayan-review/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the reply....
Im not considering it as an adventure bike, more of a utility bike that could if needed get me 200+ miles in trip. The 400cc engine will be ample for most of its daily duties.
YouTube is showing lots of examples being put to good use in India and it does look very appealing. Go for it ... live the dream :toothy8:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..... I currently own a 1k Varadero and I find its being used for the exact opposite of whatI need a bike for.
Im using it to commute locally and very little trip work.
A wonderful bike buts wasted on me tbh..
Its for sale :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I dont do much long distance riding now and I prefer to ride old classic bikes as I am not into fuel injection or electronic gadgetry.
I wish I had kept my last CX500 custom because it did everything I wanted a bike to do ,minimal servicing, reliable but I had to sell it to finance my latest bike build which will be ready for spring..
Now that I am over 60 its time to start slowing down a bit and just have a nice runner for the summer months..;););)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone interested : Drayton Croft Motorcycles in Hinckley Leicestershire are holding an open evening to promote the RE Himalayan and other new models.
PM me if you need more info;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to the above post --- I recieved an email today from Draytoncroft with more detail...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts