Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they fit over the existing plastic protection for radiator or do I remove them? Just curious before I start putting them on tomorrow. I have a set of aluminum guards handy but I was going to ship them to the states for my RD03. I'll keep them here if they are needed. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured I better post here again so as not to hijack other thread I posted in. Just completely tore off crash bars to start again and I end up with same scenario. I can get them mounted somewhat but the spring tension on everything once tightened up is crazy. Upper bracket as about 1/4inch gap from frame at top so it does not fit flush. The gap side to side is way off on bodywork. Outside fairing to bar on left is 3/8 but on right it is 7/8. Going to leading edge of fairing in front of radiators is just the opposite right side I can hardly fit a finger but almost 2 fingers on other side. Measuring from ground up to center of smaller piping I'm at 23 1/4 versus 24 left. Getting skid plate on a whole other matter as well. Stumped at this point. Is upper bracket supposed to be off center? I thought directions mentioned something about bracket saying "back" on it was supposed to face rear of bike, my bracket has nothing stamped on it but it seems this would indicate a difference depending on direction installed, maybe I have wrong bracket?. Going out to try again .

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pics!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does jd123 mean? I am computer stupid here. Sorry just stating the facts;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
photos not the best, really bad at this stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
20180310_191445.jpg 20180310_191416.jpg 20180310_191613.jpg 20180310_191403.jpg 20180310_191331.jpg Pics of the mount points which vary widely , up, down , angle in or out. It's no wonder I can't bolt them up

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've looked at it and a bunch of photos. They are just not going on well regardless of what I try. When I did get them on bashplate was a bear to try to attach. My RD03 has them and no matter what side I want off I just pull the 3 bolts and no worries. The tension exerted on this set after tightening these is way to much. I undid one upper bolt on left side earlier and the force slammed the bar into the fairing and then I had to loosen both sides again to get it back on. I have emailed RR about it. I think the jigs are out of whack maybe they use to align and weld, to many variances in mounting plates. The bars mounting points should mirror each other in order to mount evenly and smoothly, they don't . We'll see. Thank you

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had exactly the same problem when i fitted RR crashbars to my rd07a a couple of years back,i had to send them back twice and then had to wait for a new batch to be made in the end,i'd contact Jonathan at RR as they have great customer service and i'm sure they can sort it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will shoot another email out if I don't hear from them in a couple of days, sent 1 already but I am sure they are busy . Not going to stop me from riding it in anyway in the meantime. It's back to stock for now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts