Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fed up of getting cold and wet last year (all year) we bought the new RST Pro Adventure 2 peice gear last October.

I ride in any weather and I dont have any complaints about performance so far. Just waiting for some real torrential stuff to really test it out.

The Back, shoulder and elbow armour is a bit heavy but very substantial. The jacket and trouses both have a quilted lining and RST's version of a gortex lining both fully removable.

The multiple zipping is a bit complicated at first but the outer shell has a back turned flap at the front all the way down behind the velcro front flap, stiched at the bottom to direct water back out and away from the the zipper.

There is a large detachable rear pocket large enought to take an AA map book if you fold it in half. I found it good to put a map in there for extra warmth if nothing else.

I tend to get my gear on in the garage as the jacket is so warm that I end up to hot getting ready in the house even on freezing cold days. With a base layer underneath I have been plenty warm enough while riding.

The jacket was £200 and trousers £150, fairly expensive but I was so fed up of being wet over the past 12 month that I decided to splash out. So far so good.

The only down side I have found so far is that the neck strap is a bit short, otherwise seems like good kit. I did a 60 mile round trip in sleat last Sunday without getting wet and with the Varadero hand guards and heated grips even my gloves stayed dry.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
How do you find the goretex lining in the trousers ?
Does it ride up every now and again and is it totally waterproof ?

Cheers

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I have the jacket and the only real problem I've found so far is the lack of any fastening at the very bottom of it, a trip to my local boot repairer cured this with the fitment of a popper in that area. I'm looking forward to wearing it in the summer when the venting system should come to the fore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trouser lining does ride up slightly but I wear high leg lace up bike boots and it doesnt go any higher than the top of my boots. As i say i am waiting for a real heavy downpour while out one day to really test the waterproofing but I have been out in lighter rain and sleat and stayed dry. I find the main reason that trousers leak is because the jacket channels all the rain onto your lap and next thing its seeped through and your bollocks are wet. If you can keep dry in this area then you have your waterproofing sorted.
I havent found the lack of a fixing at the very bottom of the jacket a problem as the velcro fastening seems to keep everything closed. I to am looking forward to summer useage and just hope the jacket isnt too heavy for summer. The armour is quite heavy. I may buy a summer jacket when the time comes. Having said that whats the chance of a summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts