Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm at the begining of planning a RTW trip on the AT, the route I'm looking at would take me from the uk to singapore then cross over to austrailia to see how the convicts are doing lol, then getting from there to alaska somehow before riding all the way to argentina and crossing to cape town and coming up africa and europe to the uk.
Any help with flights, camping spots or just about anything would be of help. I'm looking at setting off Jan 2011 all being well.

Cheers in advance Paul.

Black RD07a

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Sign up here, post and search, and within 24 hours you'll have more information than you can shake a stick at.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Paul my name is George I am already on the road, very simular route to you, riding from UK to Oz around south america flying into Equidor and going clockwise then up to North America alsaka, New York - cape town - west africa - home.

Currently in Bangkok. The route sould be fine as far as I can see. Only thing is leaving in January you have the snows all the way across europe or at leased. However more of a problem will be getting Turkey to Iran as I belive the border is closed by snow. dont fly from Singapour go down throught Indonisa!

George

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi George, how was the ride to Bangkok? The run down there is one of the unknowns of the trip, that and the run up africa. What time of year did you set off?
What bike are you riding? I really want to go on the AT but the lack of top speed is my only real gripe, whereas the only real alternative is the GS and there not without there problems either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts