Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the rubber belt thingy on a dommie rack is for? one of those things that every time i see it, i scratch my chin and then forget about it. i have used it for carrying every thing from fishing poles to wooden battens from the diy shop. also under the rack looks like a mounting system that uses a tube that goes underneath the rack. i'm sure there's a simple explanation, but i still havent heard it. thanks!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Could it be a place to store a D lock perhaps :thumbup:

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
correct for a D lock, the SLR had it as well

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys! that makes sense. the rubber belt is to hold it in place. simple answer to a "newbie" question. i thought it might be a honda luggage fitment system or something. i have a givi plate on top of it so i really only notice it when i clean the bike. i got offered an original honda d-lock a while back. wish i took it and kept it as an original accessory. thanks again.

mark

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after the "now obvious" answers, i did a quick search on gaggle and lo and behold, pics galore of TA's, dommies, etc with locks attached to the rack. some on XRV ! should have gone to spec-savers!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had been wondering the same. Now I want to know where I can get a d-lock that fits!

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
umm will not be cheap if still available try David silver, or lings

Reactions: Fitz

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I had been wondering the same. Now I want to know where I can get a d-lock that fits!
Measure up the the rack holes and width of the rack and search D locks on eBay there's loads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts