Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick update on some new products we’re stocking :thumbup:

This Waterproof Ultra Slim LCD Volt Meter is a really nice piece of kit – available in either a RED or BLUE readout.
It flashes if your voltage drops below 11.5V - great if you want to keep an eye of your battery and reg/rec performance - and they're only just over 2" wide x 1" high by less than 1/2" thick.

1.jpg

And we’ve finally managed to get the Kevlar Carbon Case Guards and Kevlar Carbon Rear Disc Guard manufactured and these are all now in stock on the shelf.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I do like the look of that volt meter, but when i clicked on the link £35 is rediculous price for a volt meter. You could get a half decent Digital multimeter for less and carry under the seat.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the look of that volt meter, but when i clicked on the link £35 is rediculous price for a volt meter. You could get a half decent Digital multimeter for less and carry under the seat.
Cheers Jason :thumbup: - we don't set the prices on these...........just making them available to the biking fraternity.

They are nice - fully waterproof, discrete, and grab you attention if anything untoward is happening with your electrical system.

They may not be the cheapest - but they are definitely the nicest voltmeter I've seen that I would put on my bikes :p

A multimeter under the seat is not going to be of any help whilst your enjoying the ride - only when your bike has fried and you can then use it to find out what started the meltdown :D:D:D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Cheers Jason :thumbup: - we don't set the prices on these...........just making them available to the biking fraternity.

They are nice - fully waterproof, discrete, and grab you attention if anything untoward is happening with your electrical system.

They may not be the cheapest - but they are definitely the nicest voltmeter I've seen that I would put on my bikes :p

A multimeter under the seat is not going to be of any help whilst your enjoying the ride - only when your bike has fried and you can then use it to find out what started the meltdown :D:D:D
Exactly, and putting the voltmeter on your bike only tells you something irregular is happening and in no way can it help you sort the problem out. So if your voltage drops to 8.5v you can look at your volt meter and say "glad i spent that 35quid now". Or you could not spend the £35 let the bike go low on juice and stop them get your mutlimeter out and start probing around. Neither of which will help you when your in the middle of nowhere because even if you did find the fault where would you get a new regulator from at 2300hrs on a saturday night, Worst case scenario that is. Only my way of thinking not condeming your products

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Definitely quality piece of kit, good to know you have them available, I may well be looking to get on for my next project once I sort out what exactly is going in/on the dash!!:thumbright:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I really like that voltmeter. I've been looking at these for a while, and was always put off by the cheap a$$ ones on eBay as they weren't waterproof and seemed to be for cars.

£35 ain't the cheapest, but quality never is, and I reckon you'd pay more than that to replace a fried battery, without even thinking about the rec-reg, or CDI.

I like :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I've got you lot sussed. Project Zebra gets almost completed then Chad sends me off to replace some perfectly OK but needing a clean item just to delay me long enough for you to bring out another "must-have" product.

My bank manager already thinks I have a mortgage with Rugged Roads, the amount I spend each month.;)

Ah and Chad, that top box arrived (must stop buying stuff, must stop buying stuff, must stop....)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Don't blame me I keep trying to hide your wallet from youbefore you do yourself any more harm :)Your the one with the spending problems , we just supply the motorcycling equivalent of crack cocain ;)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
we just supply the motorcycling equivalent of crack cocaine ;)
The new Rugged Roads marketing slogan - you read it here first folks.:D

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Jason i have the answer made it a week before Jonathon posted his on here ,
The mother in laws strimmer does not miss a bit of wire either:-D:mrgreen::-D:mrgreen:
P8020239.JPG P8020240.JPG

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Jason i have the answer made it a week before Jonathon posted his on here ,
The mother in laws strimmer does not miss a bit of wire either:-D:mrgreen::-D:mrgreen:
View attachment 14291 View attachment 14292
PMSL :D:D:D thats great that it is, bet the whole lot didn't cost you £35 (including the TDR:D:D:D). Don't think it would do much for my image riding around on my bike with pink stripes on it :D:D. I remember years ago having a ride on a mates TDR250 that was great fun

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
no one sees the pink stripes when it is moving,:D:D i dont give 2 hoots about the colour it is a blast to ride :D:D. just been out on it now I have another to build one day, that one there set me back £850, gotta be worth £1500 now
Merv

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
dont ride it like that in the rain , lol

if that wire comes loose youll get a right pisser , in the left gonad ,,,lmao

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
well i fitted one today , a classy peice of kit , easy to fit and does the job too:thumbup:

this product is not for those , we grew up int shoebox Tt side o road types;):D:D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Andy.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I remember years ago having a ride on a mates TDR250 that was great fun
They were indeed, I bought one brand new and had a great time with it until some barsteward stole it!:(

Andy.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I just had a browse through your online shop after reading this and was rather intrigued by the right hand side stand! Not seen one of those before - I assume it mounts to the right hand centrestand pivot mount, and is long enough that when the left hand stand is down, it can be used as the centre stand would be. Clever stuff, and safer than wedging a piece of rotten wood in there.

BTW, does the KOSO RX-2N speedo use the standard speedo cable, or a magnetic mount - I couldn't work that out from the information, but might have missed it. Edit: Ah, just noticed the tyre circumference setting, so I gather it's a pick up type. Hmm.... might be interested in that....

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just had a browse through your online shop after reading this and was rather intrigued by the right hand side stand! Not seen one of those before - I assume it mounts to the right hand centrestand pivot mount, and is long enough that when the left hand stand is down, it can be used as the centre stand would be. Clever stuff, and safer than wedging a piece of rotten wood in there.

BTW, does the KOSO RX-2N speedo use the standard speedo cable, or a magnetic mount - I couldn't work that out from the information, but might have missed it. Edit: Ah, just noticed the tyre circumference setting, so I gather it's a pick up type. Hmm.... might be interested in that....
The Right Hand Sidestand does indeed mount in the R/H pivot mount - and can be used to lift either the back wheel or the front wheel using the removable extension to alter the fulcrum.
Here's mine with a set of tyre levers mounted (the sidestand comes with these threaded studs so you can mount them)

The Koso Instrument doesn't use a magnet, but a pickup sensor which you can set for up to 60 reference points (brake disc bolts, brake disc holes, etc) - it's that accurate that it will register your speed even when pushing it around in the garage.

Take a look at Thunder's install on his RD07A

Very nice piece of kit - and we even supply a wiring diagram specifically for the Africa Twin.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Hmmmmmmm...... Both of these look very tempting.

I have in mind to do a remodelling job when I finally get around to fitting a replacement engine a good friend in the south is storing for me (or... using to power a generator according to him). I intend to get the frame shot blasted and powder coated at the same time. The idea is to fit a small handle bar fairing from another trail model and some bespoke radiator covers, so the speedo would be mounted to the top yolk on a fabricated aluminium plate, and it's just as well you supply wiring instructions! The size of this unit would be ideal, as room is likely to be limited. I'll have to leave ordering until I get the rest of the rebuild organised, and I'm not sure at present when that will be.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts