1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

If anybody has bought the indicators from rugged roads
could you please tell me what bulb it uses,
If it has the foam seal inside like the oem does ?
And is the lens the same as the oem?

If you could upload a photo of the rugged roads lens & bulb it would be great :)

Here is one I bough a while ago , it came from a Italian website and has falling apart after about 3,000km off-road. The lenses are all cracking and they are different then the oem lense so I can’t change them . Also the bulb it uses is smaller and it causing problems with indicator function.

I’m thinking about buying the rugged roads indicators but want to be sure they are exactly what I’m looking for first..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have to check those in front my RD03, they are different, and I don't know whether they are original (they have the stem shorter).

The rear ones seems the same as my other RD07. In fact a couple of years ago I bought a generic one like that

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Indicato...h=item2ce37f4618:g:8XQAAOSwx0FbjpKW:rk:8:pf:0

and it is still there. I guess unless you want to keep the original you might do like that.
No off-road done though.

Thanks for your overhaul thread. I keep it as one of my favourites.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
I emailed RR again and now I’m waiting for a response from them so il wait to see if there ones are what I’m looking for . If they are then problem solved.

If not then il probably keep an eye out for some second hand oem ones .

The problem I had was
1- the lenses are all cracking where the screw goes in, due to vibration and mostly off-road.

2- the bulbs are smaller and possibly draw less current , so if I put my left indicator on the right bulbs light up by a small amount also . This can be fixed by changing the relay but I’d rather get the right indicator.

3- the lens is different and can not be swapped with the oem ones.

4- you can not put the original larger size bulbs into the aftermarket indicator because the internal build is different and if you do put in the larger bulb then the lens won’t go fix back on.

All this is a pain in the ass and I’d rather go back to oem (or exact copy) to not have any more issues.

Il update when I get a reply from RR,
or if find a good copy

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have no idea about the RR indicators. I bought the same ones you have and they are still in the box because my old OEMs are better. I ended up just taping the stalks together with electrical tape as a short term fix. I've found the OEM ones last year and they are 45 -70 Euro a piece. Thinking of taking the plunge soon I think.

Reactions: DHealy91

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have no idea about the RR indicators. I bought the same ones you have and they are still in the box because my old OEMs are better. I ended up just taping the stalks together with electrical tape as a short term fix. I've found the OEM ones last year and they are 45 -70 Euro a piece. Thinking of taking the plunge soon I think.
I've got a right rear indicator to replace as well and have had the electrical tape temp fix in place for a couple of months too.

Following this thread with interest as I also prefer the OEM replacement. Do you have a link to the OEM ones you found?

Curious to read the reply from RR to DHealy91 when it comes.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all ,
I got a reply from RR,

The bulb is the same .
And the lenses appears to be the same so the RR indicator looks like the best option to replace the original indicators without spending €50+ for a single OEM one.

Here’s some photos of the RR lens I was sent.
IMG_8365.jpg IMG_8366.jpg

·
Registered
236 Posts
The RR look like they're somewhere in between the OEM and Chinese ones on ebay. I wonder if the bases are as long and flexible as OEM or short and rigid like the ebay ones. I'll try to dig up the sites I found the OEM ones on.

Reactions: Farcall
1 - 10 of 10 Posts