Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Rukka ArmaX Jacket. I’ve heard that due to its XCR material (some kind of woven Kevlar) that it’s supposed to be as abrasive resistant as leather.

I can’t find any reviews that really go in depth unlike when I searched for draggin jeans there was a you tube video showing a guy actually been dragged along at 30mph to prove they protect you and that’s for a pair of £125 jeans but there’s no such video (that I can find) for a jacket that’s between £800-£900?

If anyone knows of such a video review or a really good review of any kind I would appreciate it.

Craig.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Craig

Just take one for a test ride yourself and get someone to put it on youtube!

I'd have a go a getting dragged along the floor to see if it works but I'm mad like that

I have had textile jackets and trousers for years and have had some high speed offs and they have stood up to the test quite well and they weren't expensive clothes either - still on the same jeans infact. The jacket is OK too

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hello Craig, good to see you and Derek (and the others) again on Sunday,
I havn't seen any real in depth reviews on this kit yet but I have been looking at the Rukka Armax stuff. As well as the crash protection, it is supposed to be waterproof on the outside so if it rains the outer layers don't become soggy, thus solving the problem of overnight drying out for the next day.

I am starting to weary of having to stop every time the heavens open and then re pack the wets when the rain stops again. Seem to get more rain now than I ever recall.

I was in Ireland again in August (for a little longer than the June 20th visit), I called in at Gorey Bikes who were a stockist of Rukka kit. The price there was around £670 for the Armax jacket but they didnt have one in my size to try on. I really need to test fit before parting with that ammount of cash.

It seems a good jacket, with fresh air vents and the heat reflective outer layer, removable insulated liner, kevlar re enforcement, and waterproof outer layer so it would seem to meet all the criteria for universal use. I understand the whole kit is CE certified, not just the protector inserts. It also comes with high viz panels as an option. My current waterproof outer has high viz panels and I notice a real improvement in car driving standards when I am wearing it.

Whilst even £670 seems a lot for this jacket plus almost the same again for the trousers, when I add up the money I have spent looking for the perfect set of kit, this is relativly cheap!!!!

I have a wardrobe full of kit in the spare room, the space it takes up does draw comment from Mrs Traveller from time to time so to clear it all out and just have one set of kit that does all would be wonderfull.

I do use kevlar re-enforced jeans, they are good for hot days but the first sign of rain they become soggy very quickly and don't dry out very fast.

Out of all the kit I have, I use Triumph branded cordura zip together jacket and trousers (used on TLD) as they have armour and a level of water resistance or a Shoei leather jacket and a pair of kevlar jeans.

My ultimate choice of kit would be Rukka Aramax Jacket and trousers, (if I was certain they performed as claimed), my Chilli heated vest (a godsend on the Fishguard to London leg of TLD as I just dialled the heat up) , the brilliant BMW branded goretex lined boots that I have and the brilliant Belstaff Tundra waterproof gloves that I currently use (in all weathers). I know this kit wouldn't suit everyone, but it would suit my needs.

That way there is no need to carry any wets ot additional layers for the rain or cold. As you know, space is at a premium on a bike.

If I get over to Germany early next year as planned, I may come back with the Rukka stuff, as over there, the prices mean the savings would more than pay for the trip. It all depends on how confident I am in the effectiveness of the Rukka stuff, so I l'm looking forward to the replies your post generates.

Cheers

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul... your a nutter and would probably do that!

Bob... Thats exactly what i'm thinking, my waterproof oversuit takes up valuable space and i'm getting sick of carrying around a textile jacket to put over my leather jacket when it's cold and that takes up even more space!

I didnt have much luck in trying on the largest HG Master suits as they were too tight but ive heard the Rukka stuff is quite roomy so a trip to york to try one on might be in order.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I have a wardrobe full of kit in the spare room, the space it takes up does draw comment from Mrs Traveller from time to time so to clear it all out and just have one set of kit that does all would be wonderfull.

Cheers
I bet you can't use that same line on Mrs Traveller !! Maybe she want's some more space for clothes

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I bet you can't use that same line on Mrs Traveller !! Maybe she want's some more space for clothes
Mrs Traveller doesnt have a wardrobe.......

She has wardrobeS:thumb:.

·
No Going Back
84 Posts
I am fortunate enough to own said rukka jacket and trousers.
I can say from my limited experience(they are all I have ever owned) that I find them superb, They are definately waterproof and very warm in winter, not too hot in summer with the thermal linnings removed.
they are very comfortable and I have not experienced any bad smells after getting wet-dry-wet ect. I bought mine from germany www.biker-land.co.uk/ but hthe euro rate was much more favourable then.
I have been fortunate not to be able to report on abrasion restistace, and hope i never will. But I can say after 6000 miles on the bike they are not showing any signs of rubbing or scuffing.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Rukka ArmaX Jacket. I’ve heard that due to its XCR material (some kind of woven Kevlar) that it’s supposed to be as abrasive resistant as leather.

I can’t find any reviews that really go in depth unlike when I searched for draggin jeans there was a you tube video showing a guy actually been dragged along at 30mph to prove they protect you and that’s for a pair of £125 jeans but there’s no such video (that I can find) for a jacket that’s between £800-£900?

If anyone knows of such a video review or a really good review of any kind I would appreciate it.

Craig.
The good lady wife was wearing my rukka jacket when we came off in France.

Unfortunately she used me as a barrier between her and the road and I did good of preventing too much damage.:cool:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i went and bought the Rukka ArmaX Suit... Didn't buy brand new (did not fancy the £1500 it would cost from a uk dealer) i got it off the ukgser forum and it's as good as brand new, excellent condition. Paid £875 for it and it seems a really nice bit of kit, iv'e not had chance to get out on the bike yet but hopefully tomorrow i can see how it feels on a ride.

The quality of the material feels excellent and the armour seems to be good stuff, that coupled with my forcefield back protector should do the job but hopefully i'll never have to find out.

I'll do a full review on the suit and the back protector once iv'e had chance to give them a proper ride out and i'm also looking into getting the forcefild shirt and bottoms so will review them when i get them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Craig.
Just found this.

Prueba Equipación Armax Rukka - YouTube

Craig

Just take one for a test ride yourself and get someone to put it on youtube!

I'd have a go a getting dragged along the floor to see if it works but I'm mad like that

I have had textile jackets and trousers for years and have had some high speed offs and they have stood up to the test quite well and they weren't expensive clothes either - still on the same jeans infact. The jacket is OK too
Thought it may have been Paul-S:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts