Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in August I set myself (well, thats a lie, my Doctor did!) a 5 stone weight loss target - not too bad so far, just over 3 and a half stone so far! I also set myself a 10 mile running target which was ambitious to say to least... my first run lasted 3 minutes before having to walk... I was looking at the Silverstone half marathon but was unable to take part so I've commited to running the Paddock wood half marathon on April 7th.....(paid and everything!) I thought if I'm going to run this then why not raise funds for a charity, so I chose the british Heart foundation seeing as its a fairly big issue within my family... so feel free to come along and shout encouragement / abuse but more importantly give some money.... If I reach £300 I'll also chip in with £50 (and renew my subscription...)

sean mckeeman is fundraising for British Heart Foundation

Ta Sean

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers Ian, craig, BobA and Mpj....

Bob - its your mothers fault.... she makes such a good fry up in the morning....

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A quick update... As of today I'm at £450 on the donations side of things which I expect to go up once I've completed the run on April 7th. After the event I will put in my £50 seeing as I'm over my target of £300! Today I ran 9.1 miles in 1 hour 41 mins so its all coming together! I absolutely hate running and really cant see myself doing any more half marathons, but there is a real sense of satisfaction each time I increase the distance run.... Still plenty of time for people to donate so dig deep people!!

Sean

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Seriously impressive effort, Sean, well done. And good choice of charity - good luck with it :thumbup:

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
A new 'best friend' and now sponsorship?.......

Great effort going on here Sean...well done.....:smile:

You're still inspiring me.....:color:

'Running knees' heal well on an exercise bike (did for me anyway) .....:thumbup:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I'll be meeting you in KFC as usual..................once this madness is over............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Madness is about right! - it'll have to be a kfc without stairs at the entrance as my legs are buggered after todays little run! God knows what they will be like on the afternoon of the 7th April.... Thank you for the sponsorship as well!

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as posted on here - I completed the run in 2 hours 18 minutes 33 seconds.... I set a target of £300 which if I reached I would donate £50.... today I donated my £50 to justgiving which took my total raised (with gift aid) to almost £1200... thank you to everyone who donated!!

Sean

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
as posted on here - I completed the run in 2 hours 18 minutes 33 seconds.... I set a target of £300 which if I reached I would donate £50.... today I donated my £50 to justgiving which took my total raised (with gift aid) to almost £1200... thank you to everyone who donated!!

Sean

That's incredible

How are you feeling now Sean, ready to run again.

Sent from my SmartTabII7 using Tapatalk 2

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my legs are now working properly.... however I'm sat at work in Dublin with a hangover so running really isnt on my mind....

I'm going to do a 5 km run later and then some cycling, but have I got the bug to do more half marathons? - I'm not sure....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts