Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,701 Posts
Sure the chokes are free.????

Have you taken plungers out and thoroughly cleaned, . . . . and ensured cables are free and smooth.?

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Just because the choke lever returns OK, doesn't mean the choke plungers are moving. You MUST check the complete choke mechanism, 1 cable into a splitter where 2 cables emerge to each carb. Plungers corrode and stick in the carb body. BE CAREFUL not to damage the plastic nuts at the carb end!

Air filter. Is it blocked?

Too much engine oil?

Oil breather blocked or drain full?

Good Luck

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the airfilter (K&N) was almost completly black and greasy. I guss cleaning it will do the thing.

Why I think the choke is ok, is because I replaced the cabels last summer. (have also checked them now, they run smooth.)

where is the the oil breather located?

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Sorry, bad choice of words on my part.

There is a breather and drain pipe attached to the airbox on the RD03/04 and I'm sure the RD07 bikes must have a similar arrangement.

There is usually a thick black rubber pipe that goes down where the centre stand is.

This pipe has a plastic plug in the end, and if you release this, you will probably get a load of liquid/gunk running out. Don't do it on your perfect driveway, as it's a mixture of water/oil/fuel.

Bob :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts