Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me TA XL700 VA runs a bit hot....I read somewhere on this forum that "normal" running temperature for TA is 78C. Although it's winter at the moment my one quickly goes up to 80+ when I hit the traffic, then before I know the fan has kicked in....Coolant level seems OK, I can't see any leeks. I had a 650 before and it was heating up in traffic as well but I thought Honda would of addressed the issue with the model that came after it(XL700V, XL700VA). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new to me TA XL700 VA runs a bit hot....I read somewhere on this forum that "normal" running temperature for TA is 78C. Although it's winter at the moment my one quickly goes up to 80+ when I hit the traffic, then before I know the fan has kicked in....Coolant level seems OK, I can't see any leeks. I had a 650 before and it was heating up in traffic as well but I thought Honda would of addressed the issue with the model that came after it(XL700V, XL700VA). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
What temperatures do you read during normal riding, let's say 55 mph, steady pace..?

If it's not passing 100 degrees Celsius under normal use, then there is no problem/downside. It can even pass 100 Celsius in extreme conditions (slow, obstacle rich route in a forest etc.).

It could just be your driving conditions (don't know what you mean by hitting traffic; congested city roads or the freeway?), but most probably there is some sort of measuring difference because of different probe/gauge etc.

What IS bad is "always running cold", meaning the thermostat most likely never shuts, or running so hot that she starts boiling over, because then you lose water and that way can get into the internal temperature range that can/is damaging.

Good luck

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went for a 200 mile trip yesterday mostly motorway and temp kept at around 70C, so no problem I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts