Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent months waiting for decent weather of an evening to start rebuilding my twin. and today is the day.
First job plastic off and inspected. Done
Second job remove front wheel to change disks.... Ooooh what's this a tight nut! No problem, I'll just lean on it a bit more, but is that socket on properly, or is it barely kissing the edge of the nut? BANG! Down I go and reach out my hand to steady my fall, but what's that? a bit of sharp metal on the stand the bikes resting on......
Lots of blood and 3 stitches later in the tip of my very tender finger, I can confidently pronounce that the God of DIY has had his (or her) sacrifice for this project, and it is sure to go very well from here on in!
(I hope)
:thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
A bit of blood loss on each job makes me feel at one with my bike (Ok so my hands are made up of mainly scar tissue but its been worth it) :(

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
you have annointed the infernal machine with the blood of a lamb, ride safely in the footsteps of the spanner god my son.

or something along those lines

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh venerable sage.
Your words of wisdom will inspire me along the road to fulfilment. but that doesn't stop my finger throbbing like mad, especially since I keep trying to type with it.
Bug*er, F*^k, sh1t ,[email protected], P1s5, it'sREALLY starting to throb now.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
best cure for throbbing fingers hit your big toe with a good sized hammer. you wont notice your fingers after that.:D:D:D:D

hope your all mended soon.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Fingers, Who needs them?
I have on occasion put a spike through my hand though.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
you always need at least one working finger so you can wave at bus drivers when they cut you up. :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
you always need at least one working finger so you can wave at bus drivers when they cut you up. :D:D:D:D
I reserve that for the Cab drivers who cut me up.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I've spent months waiting for decent weather of an evening to start rebuilding my twin. and today is the day.
First job plastic off and inspected. Done
Second job remove front wheel to change disks.... Ooooh what's this a tight nut! No problem, I'll just lean on it a bit more, but is that socket on properly, or is it barely kissing the edge of the nut? BANG! Down I go and reach out my hand to steady my fall, but what's that? a bit of sharp metal on the stand the bikes resting on......
Lots of blood and 3 stitches later in the tip of my very tender finger, I can confidently pronounce that the God of DIY has had his (or her) sacrifice for this project, and it is sure to go very well from here on in!
(I hope)
:thumbup:

Ah yes, the blood sacrifice to the God of Motorcycle Maintenance. :thumbup:

See, it's all done now. Bar the throbbing - oh Matron! :D :D :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
485 Posts
Seriously though,try and do your spannering so that if you slip you fall away from what you are doing rather than onto it,it hurts less.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
My favourite trick is to squat down between my DR and my Africa Twin and get the serrated teeth of the DR's footrest in either my lower back or my bum cheek. Don't half make me hop about swearing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
couldve been worse;

How NOT to clean your chain. **GRAPHIC PICS*** : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

the spanner god was angry with this disciple..........
That wasn't anger it was a joke at the poor guys idiocy! He's done it plenty of times before and never had a problem. The fact he only lost the tip of his fingers is lucky it should have been more.

The trick when spannering is to always try to be lifting up or pushing away when you tighten or loosen (Mainly Loosen) that way if you slip or the nut suddenly goes loose you are not going to hit any thing (easier said than done I know). :thumbup:

Be thankful you don't have wirelocking on virtually every single nut, bolt or any other fastener, that just loves to get right under the nails every time!!:mad:

Loic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts