Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the calendar for a Chrimbo run around the Plain.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Check out the calendar for a Chrimbo run around the Plain.
Bugger :rolleyes: gonna have to put the knobblies back on. :toothy7::toothy7:.

Should have my chrissy prezzies fitted to the bike by then tho.:thumbup::thumbup:.

·
Matt
182 Posts
Put me down as an almost definate, my shoulder should have sorted its self by then:thumbright:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
hmmm - tempting !

Will this be an easy route again ? :D

I'll have to be good for xmas - will let you know nearer the time.

Ant.

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
Is it gonna be out of the question with "Fairy Tires" ?

By that i mean the Trail Wings fitted to mine (that im gonna have to hold back on changin as the Remus on order & needs payin for first.

I did a S.P. day with GSer's earlier this year - ground was prob much firmer then than December offers (& i was on my "now gone" XT660 with better tires than Trail Wings !!)

Soddin Credit Crunch !! :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Tempted...... although will probably take the XR.
Phil if you want to come to me first and then ride over together you're welcome.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Phil if you want to come to me first and then ride over together you're welcome.
:thumbup: Want to do it on XR this time Would it be easier for me to come by yours Dave and then onto Plain cuttin across country, or just braving M4 all the way to Chippenham an down:D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
:thumbup: Want to do it on XR this time Would it be easier for me to come by yours Dave and then onto Plain cuttin across country, or just braving M4 all the way to Chippenham an down:D
Up to you. It's about 1.5 hours from me to the 'plain, but it's a cracking ride across the Mendips.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as tyres go the risk is yours! If you want to ride on Trailwings come along. You could always see how you get on? You can always ride around any tricky bits on the road.The route to the best of my knowledge will be legal and should be ok(relative to your off tarmac experience) for bigguns but obviously if its wet on the ground it will be a greasy in places and most of the Byways will be chalky/gravelly hard pack. Nice scenic route (if the sun shines)taking in Byways and country lanes, including Westbury White Horse, Avebury, Stonehenge, Vale of Pewsey etc. The pace will be steady. If you come to a lane or a bit you do not like the look of don't ride it! I'll always come back to help out if necessary (unless its me who is stuck!!). If you are afraid of dropping your pride and joy and have never ridden on the dirty stuff it may not be the best ride for you (wait till summer?), but if you go steady and are keen you will enjoy it.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Right, stick me down Tony. I reckon I should be able to squeeze my leg back on by then :toothy8:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
would you folks please stop tempting an 'armless man.
Theres some heartless people on here I agree:D
Right, stick me down Tony. I reckon I should be able to squeeze my leg back on by then :toothy8:
Heartless, armless even, but at least we're not legless.

Permission being sought. If I can come, we certainly will not be stripeless :D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Arse! SWMBO has vetoed this....... need to stay with the in-laws.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Permission granted. Jeez it means getting up early though, as I will now be at home. Took three hours to get back due to traffic last time. Should only be a couple of hours tops to get there though.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Come on guys and gals, you'll be gutted if you miss out on this one. A chance to ride tracks that are not open any other time of the year :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts