Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the success of the last one it seems rude not to get the ball rolling for the next one.

So who's up for a bash across the plains on Sunday 25th September? Add it to your diaries now.

And can we have someone that knows where they're going as well, like Jason or whoever led this last one.
I have a huge concern that someone may expect me to know where I'm going! :mrgreen:

To keep it easy we'll meet again at the Countess services, Amesbury, just by the junction of the A303 and the A345 at 10:00am looking to get going just after.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Simon said:
Maverick said:
Damn won't make this one as we going to Ireland for the weekend.
Will you be on the @? If so then where abouts are you going?
Unfortenatly not mate, visiting a friend in Galway for a few day's. Easy jet was £56 return for me and the Mrs, can't beat that really :wink:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Try and keep me away.

And try and keep me on two wheels this time..............

Just gotta break the news to the missus; after all she's gonna have some clothes to clean afterwards. Pity I don't trust her to clean the bike :?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Richie, am I reading thinks wrong but are we not in Wales that weekend?.
But are you thinking early start Sunday down to Countess and have a day in the mud.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Come to think of it I may have jumped the gun a bit there. Getting things a bit confused what with the BMF the week before the Wales trip! Would love to try and get down on the Sunday morning in time but that would be pushing it a bit too far I reckon!

Well, the Wales trip has to come first - Dave, any chance of knocking the Salisbury Plain visit back by a week? You'd have 2 more takers!

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good idea don't want it to clash.
2nd October then.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Ahhh 2nd October... sorry guys, count me out of this one.

Last diving weekend of the season. Weather permitting, I shall be decending into the depths of the south Coast to swim with the fish and catch me some Fresh Lobster

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Ohhh 2nd of October lets see....

Mmm 1st washing me hair...2nd ahhhh YEP COUNT ME IN :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll be there as well. Ogri will probably have a heart attach when he sees what I'm doing to his (ex) bike, but like I said - If I don't do trips like these I might as well have bought a road bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, sorry to crash in, but as you all seem to know the area around the plain.
Do any of you know of any biker friendly pubs where we could camp over night. My brother and I are planing a couple of days ride around that area ish may take in the ridgeway as well and need a base preferably a pub.
:lol:
Trip will be on wed/thurs 21/22 sept if any of you are in the area we could meet up for a pint?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Biker friendly Pubs ? ... Hmmmm all the pubs are biker friendly, but im not sure if they would let you camp.
The ridgeway is almost off limits these days due to the enduro idiots that tear it to pieces. There are one or two camp sites close to the plain.. if im about later I'll get their details.

Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks that would be great as for the ridgeway I was hoping to cut it by the A34 and follow it down to foxhill.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Camping

Chalkzter, There's a camp site on the North of the plain as you enter the village of Tilshead. As you enter coming from the Salisbury side, the site is on your left. You'll also be pleased to know there are 2 pubs within 5mins walking distance. I pass it every day on my commute. If you want more details just let me know.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a reminder that this is this coming Sunday.

Can we have a final show of hands.

Me Raises hand

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Me too! :wave:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts