Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back and what a great day we had :blob8::blob8:.

I forgot my camera and was too busy getting us all lost anyway :rolleyes::D:D.

Hope the new xrv'ers enjoyed their first outing. :thumbup:.

Thanks to all that made the trek to the Plain, :thumbright: the rest of the guys will be along shortly to post pics and vids.:D:D:D.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Took three hours to do 107 miles to get home (rain, traffic, gales). I suspect we had a faster average speed on the Plain. Especially the last bit when Stan overtook me and I was doing more than 40mph through puddles.

Top day out. Thanks for organising it Stan. Great to meet everyone.

Thanks to all who helped pick up the Zebra :thumbup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Super Day!! :blob::blob: Thanks a million all, really enjoyed it :thumbright:

I only took a few photos took as I was having too much fun in the mud and water :D here they are:

Looking forward to seeing the vid and pics from Wheelie :thumb:

Todd, that's a pity you had bike trouble, have you figured out the problem yet? Any idea when it'll be back on the road (off-road ;)) again?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh that's strange, I'll have a look and see what's up...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can you see them now Pete?

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Nice pics - wish i could have made it :(

Took my son to an open day with guest appearance of 'Peppa Pig' :eek:ccasion8:, then In laws round for Sunday Lunch - so that was it - i washed up all the dishes etc, and the mrs let me go out to play for 1 hour or so :blob6:

popped down to Coggeshall and road a few byways there 2,3or 4 times - i cant remember - half of it fast hard gravel, and the second half some deep muddy puddles - LOVELY - no pics as i was havin too much fun :toothy8:

I must do Salisbury again before the year is out :thumbright:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Especially the last bit when Stan overtook me and I was doing more than 40mph through puddles.
:thumbup:
Hmmm :rolleyes: my throttle stuck open Chris. :D:D.

Brilliant day tho :thumbright:, loved to have seen you wipe out that post tho mate.:blob5::blob5:.:D:D:D.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Well, as I thought, my two photos weren't brilliant.

...but in that last one is one of those signposts I went hurtling past while taking an unplanned deviation...

:blob6::blob6::blob6:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Stan and guys - it was a pleasure to meet up & ride with you.
Sorry we were late in the morning, it was so cold that after 100 miles I have had to take a short break to avoid freezing my @ss off.
Fortunately the things got hotter on Salisbury Plain :D

My KTM has done 300 miles / 2 x tanks today.
Looking forward to see more pics and videos.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Had a great day, considering up until last night I wasnt sure if I would be going, so I didnt put my name down on the list.
Was up at 7 and decisions had to be made, yes make the trip but shall I take the XR and brave the boring trip or give my unloved bike the run it needed. I guessed the XR would be too slow on the windy mway so out came BMW.

I was a bit worried being on Tourances what I was letting myself in for but after watching Wheelie on TKCs I had no worries:D

The Bmw was faultless if a tad heavy and Ive realised its a great bike for a good days fun (still not as much fun as the XR). The ride home was a great headwind and sidewind battle ,but thats where the Beemer comes into its own, it dont move in wind:D:D

I forgot my camera and only took a couple on my phone

Cheers Guys a great day out, and top effort Stan.:thumbup:
Nice to meet all the New XRVers, great drop Martin:D

I think the unloved one has another stay of execution:rolleyes:
Mind after lookin today Orange is the way forward:happy3:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Super Day!! :blob::blob: Thanks a million all, really enjoyed it :thumbright:

I only took a few photos took as I was having too much fun in the mud and water :D here they are:

Looking forward to seeing the vid and pics from Wheelie :thumb:

Todd, that's a pity you had bike trouble, have you figured out the problem yet? Any idea when it'll be back on the road (off-road ;)) again?

Hi stef no not figured out the problem, the only thing that i have not replaced is the Coil and leads so that is next on the list, its a serious pain as the only time that it goes wrong is when im going on a ride out, if just popping down the shops it's fine.

Anyway good pics certainly looked like you had fun!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice to put a few names to faces - here's what I took

My Machine - 1979 - Honda XL250S - OLD!!! Like me!!

Note to Digital Captive - your seat can't be anywhere near as uncomfy as a nearly 30 year old seat - and look on the back - a spare fuel can! - seems I like my spare fuel can /jerry cans!

Video clip of Weymouth Chris & Phil W - ( Whealie - anytips how to post you tube clips properly like others do ????)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Mtp1GqNvI

Thanks to all for a great day out - look forward to the next time!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That looks like the place I used to play with guns.:D
My Machine - 1979 - Honda XL250S - OLD!!! Like me!!

Note to Digital Captive - your seat can't be anywhere near as uncomfy as a nearly 30 year old seat - and look on the back - a spare fuel can! - seems I like my spare fuel can /jerry cans!

I used to have one of the early XL250's before I blew it up and wrecked the camshaft.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts