Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to drive up, as the weather didnt look too good :cry: and wasnt sure how much stuff or what i would be buying :?

Had a good walk around - mostly taken over by Frank Thomas selling off their seconds. Some good stuff to be had and the usual rubbish as well.

One non adventure bike that really caught my eye and impressed me was the Moto Guzzi Grisso 1100 - very cool looking. Save up for that one to add to my collection :wink:

Saw the moped racing which was bloody hilarious - some of those guys are NUTS (very forceful at passing other riders) a few funny crashes, but missed them on the camera. Some pics :

I swear the bloke in yellow with the roof helmet and stuck on ears looked just like Chads Avtar ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On my travels, popped over to the Touratech display - and had a good look over Nick Plumbs (Dakar rider) bike:

It had certainly been through some really rough stuff - very well built.

Then as you do, I bumped into Nick Plumb and Charley Boorman and had to get a pic (I agreed to hold the Touratech catalouge for advertising purposes :lol):

Found another dakar B** :

Had a good look at the new B** R 1200 GS and was very impressed :)

COME ON HONDA - PULL YER FINGER OUT - YER MISSING OUT BIG TIME :x

An interesting new device - electric MX bike (28hp) and pulls wheelies -dont know how much it is, but probably too much :(

That was pretty much it - bought some t-shirts for pressies, sunglasses, lock carrier, some (More) stickers, and:

Another T shirt for Bradley which he seemed very happy with :D

Hmmm, top box or new helmet - decisions, decisions :? Went for the helmet :

New Tour X in Aluminium Grey

Thats the look i'll be making when my missus grabs me by the bollox :cry:

I did haggle a bit and got it for 245 of Her Majesty's English Pound Notes :D I've paid for the 3 of us to go on holiday for a week this summer, so i think thats fair (I hope)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I rode to the show yesterday, fortunately the weather wasn't as bad as predicted :D .
Coudn't believe that the touratech brochure was gratis,it's huge.
I spotted that one of the rally bikes on the stand had what looks like a Fournales air shock fitted, i've got one loitering in my garage off an xl600lmf that i might try on my RD03 :D

Also noticed was a drop in the number of promo girls compared to past years :( , i hope the BMF aint going all p.c on us :x

G

·
Sad bit of news regarding the BMF. Two mates who were manning the thumperclub stand, have had their bikes nicked. One was a SLR650 supermoto, the other a XT600 (or 660 can't remember).
Last year, one of our number had his jacket swiped from the porch of his tent while we slept, and the pockets ransacked looking for keys for the SV650 parked along side his pitch. The bike wasn't his and was locked to the metal fence, so remained safe, but just goes to show, you can't be too careful.
Totally gutted for my friends, and totally p155ed off with the scum who do this sort of thing, and my message to everyone is, take great care what parts you buy second hand or from ebay. You could be the driving force behind some pond life stealing your bike next :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
NICE LID DUDE :D :D :D :D :D

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chad said:
NICE LID DUDE :D :D :D :D :D
Ta, - after seeing all the glowing reports on the forum for this lid, I knew I would get one at some point - Saw them yesterday and couldnt resist :D

I've had an Arai Quantum before - fantastic fit and very comfortable, so am expecting same from this - + when it rains i should still be able to see where i'm going - Having ridden in wet with mx helmet and goggles - bit of a bloody pain I can tell you - you can turn your head, but the rain wont fly off :evil:

Next i am going to be saving for an old @ - hopefully. The more I think about it, the more I want one - wonder how i could modify that :?: :)

I'd love to keep the dom - time will tell - wont be until next year some time at the earliest. :cry:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cabbage2404 said:
I rode to the show yesterday, fortunately the weather wasn't as bad as predicted :D .
Coudn't believe that the touratech brochure was gratis,it's huge.
I spotted that one of the rally bikes on the stand had what looks like a Fournales air shock fitted, i've got one loitering in my garage off an xl600lmf that i might try on my RD03 :D

Also noticed was a drop in the number of promo girls compared to past years :( , i hope the BMF aint going all p.c on us :x
Its amazing how they dish out those catalogues, mind you, for the price of some of their stuff, they can obviously afford it + its great to have - like the Adventure riders bible :)

Yeah - give the new shock a try :)

Yes - sadly fewer promo girls - i did see 1/2 dozen - but they were all rushing back to tents/offices to get out of the chilly wind :wink:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
squirrelciv said:
Sad bit of news regarding the BMF. Two mates who were manning the thumperclub stand, have had their bikes nicked. One was a SLR650 supermoto, the other a XT600 (or 660 can't remember).
Last year, one of our number had his jacket swiped from the porch of his tent while we slept, and the pockets ransacked looking for keys for the SV650 parked along side his pitch. The bike wasn't his and was locked to the metal fence, so remained safe, but just goes to show, you can't be too careful.
Totally gutted for my friends, and totally p155ed off with the scum who do this sort of thing, and my message to everyone is, take great care what parts you buy second hand or from ebay. You could be the driving force behind some pond life stealing your bike next :evil: :evil: :evil:
That is REALLY shit :evil: - dont know what the answer is (i have some ideas of what to do to them, but not Legal).

There were Police at the event - not many, but some on the entrance/exit. I guess the people who stole them were pros :?:

·
17,680 Posts
anton88 said:
squirrelciv said:
That is REALLY sh*t :evil: - dont know what the answer is (i have some ideas of what to do to them, but not Legal).

There were Police at the event - not many, but some on the entrance/exit. I guess the people who stole them were pros :?:

yup pro scum stealing to order :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hang the bastards :twisted:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Nice lid, you won't regret that purchase....... :D

·
17,680 Posts
boboneleg said:
Nice lid, you won't regret that purchase....... :D
they are great im soooooooo pleased with mine he says :D gushing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts

I was in that race some where. We were 4th in the 4 stroke class on Saturday, don't know about today but expecting to have done well as we never stopped plodding round the whole time despite losing a rider when my mate slipped and did the splits on the way bag from the khazi this morning. Me and Yenpowell the sequel just got in after a hideous ride back in the pi... pouring rain.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yen in the race - cool :) , what were you riding/wearing - i may have seen you :?: .

Bad luck about the weather :(

·
17,680 Posts
anton88 said:
Yen in the race - cool :) , what were you riding/wearing - i may have seen you :?: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how cool is that our very own yen racing scooters :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
anton88 said:

On Saturday I was wearing a rather fetching green paper suit (I had only brought my very very new jacket and it would've got caked in red mud) and a white Bell motocross helmet. Today it was a hooge red t-shirt over the jacket. The bike was a DT50 chassis with a Honda 4 stroke engine transplant, our first ride of it and the gears were back to front, i.e. down for up etc.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Chad said:
anton88 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how cool is that our very own yen racing scooters :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SCOOTER....SCOOTER....HOW VERY DARE YOU!

·
17,680 Posts
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
890 Posts
bmf show

The big eared scooter rider in the pic is one of my mates. He unfortunately looks the same with his lid off!! :lol:

Thanks for putting up with us on the way home piguglyshandydrinker (it's easier to call you Phil), we did manage it b4 dark!

One of the lads on his XR250 had his handlebar protector nicked. Not bad news on its own but, with others having problems it puts a different outlook on camping at the BMF. Perhaps I'm just naive.

Still can't work out how Phil managed to stand up after all that 'shandy' :p

TA! Shel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts