Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to Fiona now using her Beemer more often to go on runs and touring our wired intercom has become redundant so time to update. While surfing for info I came across the Scala rider bluetooth set up, info the Scala rider doesn't fit the Schuberth helmet intreagued me and I like a challenge! I have since purchased and fitted them to two Schuberth helmets and thought I would share it with you all!

Ok, removing the lining of a £375 helmet is a little daunting but if you follow the instructions from Autocom's site on Schuberths it's easy enough, I'd highlight the positioning of the speakers as if they're off it's fiddly to move them once the helmet's back together.
The mp3 connection is simple enough, a 3.5mm jack plugs into the mp3 player and the rear of the Scala unit with a bungee cable. It can be overridden by voice or ctrl button for intercom use.
The phone I found a bit more tricky, but once the unit marries to the phone it's a piece of cake with voice answering you don't even need to touch the phone.
Communications are clear and precise from one unit to another although I haven't tried a third one into the equation yet!
I'll update this report when I've used it for a while regarding distance, phonecalls and a third party into the loop.
So far I'm impressed and think this will fit the part as an intercom for us.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Due to Fiona now using her Beemer more often to go on runs and touring our wired intercom has become redundant
What was your wired intercom Jim. If it's an autocom I may have a buyer for you.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Afraid not mate, it was a mere Nady PC-3! Brilliant intercom for those who want to natter, just not on a phone!
30 secs to fit into helmet and runs on AA batteries for two weeks touring! Perfect for a part time intercom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts