Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
my brother in law has got a new job, but this new job is located nowhere near a bus route. He's not a bike type but is seriously considering a scooter. I had a wee Aprilia 5or so years ago (didnt give me a minutes trouble!) so dont really know anything about them.

He's a grown up and he's tall (6ft 5)
I would be thinking of one of these big yokes
Google Image Result for http://is.gumtree.com/image/big/2301547.jpg

Any recommendations?

Budget €1500. Doesnt really matter cause he'll be buying it in Ireland. But good, reliable, large scooter.

Thanks for any suggestions

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
Hi there,
my brother in law has got a new job, but this new job is located nowhere near a bus route. He's not a bike type but is seriously considering a scooter. I had a wee Aprilia 5or so years ago (didnt give me a minutes trouble!) so dont really know anything about them.

He's a grown up and he's tall (6ft 5)
I would be thinking of one of these big yokes
Google Image Result for http://is.gumtree.com/image/big/2301547.jpg

Any recommendations?

Budget €1500. Doesnt really matter cause he'll be buying it in Ireland. But good, reliable, large scooter.

Thanks for any suggestions
you don't say if he has a full bike license ?
if he does then he should have a look at a suzuki an400 bergman
borrowed one for a couple of weeks and was sorry to hand it back...
brilliant for commuting,good performance and would cruise on the motorway at 80 no problem
all that and 60-70 mpg as well

:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If he has a full licence then get more money and buy One Of These 1p per mile and contry to the hype 40 miles per charge.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
if he hasn't got a full licence

I can thoroughly recommend the Honda PS125.

my daughter has had one for a year now and it's great, good fuel economy and fast enough to keep up with the traffic most of the time (I've had an indicated 65mph out of it two up).

it also seems to be very well put together and even has a linked braking system.

you should be able to get a decent second hand one for your budget

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
If you are sub`d on ukgser there is one for sale on there and they are supposed to be really fun to ride, 180cc gilera runner.

::. UKGSer.com .::

gumf if you arent a member

ully rebuilt 180cc gilera runner 2t scoot.
full engine re-build inc bearings and seals all round.
full picture history of re build to show whats been done.
pm tuning air filter, reed valve and carb mods.
ported and polished barrel head and cases.
new belts and water pump.
Loads of money spent, bills to prove, i darent show the wife.
Hid lighting,bmw charging socket to charge battery when not in use.
full history with wads of bills,10000 mls,later vx oil forks.
could realy do a rolling road set up to tune carb further, but its next step is an expansion chamber,25mm carb, then it will prob be about 2 secs slower than a firebalde 0-60.
12 mths tax and 10 mths mot.
full candy re spray, wheels shot blasted and re painted.
£900.00

There was also a guy on there selling a burgman for 900 a few weeks back that looked a good commuter. (edit: that burgman is now sold)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
At 6ft5in and that sort of money go for a xl125 varadero - I did and loved it so much.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Burman Suz are supposed to bbe some of the best. I once took out a Honda silver wing I think they are called and found it confy enough (I am 1.96mt) 6'.4" + 0-,

Being Italian and 45 years old.....I am also fond of Vespa PX 125 .... not the most modern machine but work horse that would go for ever....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brilliant, thanks for all the replies.
I reckon the Majesty 250 has it though. For its physical size and reliability.

And now Ive just decided I need a Honda 90! Expensive stuff this!!

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts