Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, Bob Steve Leigh and Deano and maybe one or two more are hoping to come haggis chasing for a week this summer. I'm thinking of Scottish Youth Hostels for accommodation (Gawd help em!) on route. Rough plan is day 1 Bath to Grizedale (Lake district). Day 2 Grizedale to Ballachullish. day 3 Glen Brittle on Skye, day 4 Torridon taking in Applecross, day 5 Durness, day 6 back down to Perth, day 7 back to Grizedale, day 8 home! Not sure we have time to go forest road hunting much but any suggestions for visits, routes, cut throughs etc (Gleann Mor?) gratefully received.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Watch out Scotland, the 'Moobs' are coming :toothy10:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
How did I miss this ??

If you're staying in glen Brittle YH, You'd be as well travelling up to the top of the island and coming down the east side, there are some very good minor roads Staffin / Old man of Storr area. That'll take you back down to the bridge, take a left towards Lochcarron/Kishorn which will take you over the beallach and down into Torridon YH. There is a cracking road to Diabaig which is a dead end but a roller coaster road with good views all the way :toothy10:

Come back and stay at mine in Inverness for the night, then head up to Ullapool --- simples :D

Keep in touch with dates etc and we'll work something out :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Stop telling them John, next thing you know they will all be up here!;)

Andy.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
How did I miss this ??

If you're staying in glen Brittle YH, You'd be as well travelling up to the top of the island and coming down the east side, there are some very good minor roads Staffin / Old man of Storr area. That'll take you back down to the bridge, take a left towards Lochcarron/Kishorn which will take you over the beallach and down into Torridon YH. There is a cracking road to Diabaig which is a dead end but a roller coaster road with good views all the way :toothy10:

Come back and stay at mine in Inverness for the night, then head up to Ullapool --- simples :D

Top man John, we may take you up on that. I might also want to visit my old RD03 as well :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
watch out for the midges....Boris did warn me but I didn't expect it to be that bad......I went in August. Not sure how long the bad "season" is for the little buggers tho but I thought I'd better warn you....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did I miss this ??

Thanking you for your kind offer sir. Everything is still open at the mo as nothing hard and fast planned. Due to midges and carrying camping kit is why I thought the hostels might be a good idea. I,ve stayed in them before and were always welcomed (in a car that is).

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Contrary to popular belief --- there are no midges in Scotland

Just depends on where you go ;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Contrary to popular belief --- there are no midges in Scotland

Just depends on where you go ;)
Boris must have sent me to the wrong place then...!!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts