Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my vara has a scotoiler fitted with a touring resevoir, having now filled it up, it does not seem to be working! any help / info on priming and or troubleshooting....
Thanks marcus.

M

·
0 Posts
Hi there, with mine I just set it to the highest setting and went out for a ten minute ride. It stopped working once and after tracing the tube all the way around I found that I had pinched it when replacing a damaged indicator. Sorry I cant be of more help,but I am told if you ring Scottoiler they are a small company and are really helpful. P.S Hope to see you at the Dartmoor camping trip in the Spring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the tube all the way round, cant see any kinks. May have to call scotoiler tech dept. Have check website, but does not help much.
May be intrested in Dartmoor, any more details yet.
Thanks marcus
:p

S

·
0 Posts
Anytime i'm doing this all i do is push the flexable tube used for filling up tight against the opening and squeeze the bottle. If you have it tight enough the oil has nowhere to go but down the line to the chain. It can be a wee bit messy but not too bad an relativly simple.

Hope this helps.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
I had a touring reservoir on a previous bike but lost the destructions. On the standard setup you set it to max and squeeze the filler bottle. Ring the guys at Scottoiler - I've found them very helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
scottoiler

hi
just phone scottoiler very helpful even have sent me spare bits and extra bits for my vtec and ta free. priming is as described by others. only other thing may be the seal on the reservoir unit so vaacuum not intact. Scottoiler should help you though.
regards

Jak :D

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Scott Oiler is a very helpful chap indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts