Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Dad with longlegs
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully meeting up with Yeti on Saturday morning for a trip into Swaledale and Arkengarthdale to watch the famous Scott Trial. All welcome to join meeting around 9:00 in Scotch corner/Richmond area. Will be more specific depending on takers.
Its a good chance to see a true British Champion, Dougie Lampkin, at touching distance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just joined this forum, so sorry to have missed this thread, This is my first posting.

I am 42, and have only missed one Scott since I was 6. My home town is Richmond, and I was bought up in Swaledale. I now live "down South" but always make it up to the Scott.

I normally chase around after my brother who rides, topping him up with Mars Bars, but this year, his Gas Gas gearbox was mashed, so he didn't ride (the first time in 25 years!) . However, it was a bit of a relief as it is the first time in 25 years that I had the chance to ride the Transalp around without trying to get to the next section / road crossing / petrol check before him. I had the chance to see a few more bikes through sections, and take a ride out over the track between Bowes and Arkengarthdale whilst the bikes were on the grouse moors.

·
A Dad with longlegs
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame you didn't see the post before hand. We were at Whaw bridge. Unfortunately I had been summoned home by SWSBO so didn't stay too long. Two @'s were parked at the bridge when an TA pulled up, was that you. Then I followed a TA from Fremington to Marske on the way home, a good thrash past Marrick. TA then went left in Marske towards the ranges, was that you.
I rode the Scott in 1980 and 81, a regular on the Darlington and Richmond scene between 1977 and 1983. Then headed off to serve Queen and country. Been a regular visitor to the Scott since returning home.
Give us a shout if you're up this way on the TA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The bike pulling up at Whaw was probably me, but I changed my mind, and went down to Grand Canyon and Tank Trap instead.

Between Fremington and Marske would not have been me, as I went down the main road.

My next trialling outing will probably be the Scottish Six Day Trial in May.

·
A Dad with longlegs
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a nice clip of the 1974 Scott
Awesome...brings back some fantastic memories. I had one one of those red yellow TT leathers suits..;)

"As a 9 year old, I wanted one of those Ossas."

As a 13 year I had one...:D:D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts