Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Scotsman , it shames me to say that the Scottish Motorcycle show this year was very disappointing. It has been getting worse for 2 or 3 years now but this year was very poor. Still plenty of cheap kit available if your looking for it but on the whole ....... ????.

Shockeroonie of all shockeroonies !! no BIG RED !! Mr Honda failed to trap, I mean to say, if the most popular bike brand in Britain decides to body swerve it , things must be bad.

I think the organisers of the event need to revisit the business plan. Time to ditch the expensive Royal highland Showground and find a better venue at a cheaper cost , that would allow them to offer better deals to exhibitors and allow them to charge the punters less to get in.

Mind you one plus point - that total slut of a teaser, in the shape of the KTM 990 Adventure, is trying her very hardest to seduce me - the tart , and I'm a happily commited man to my wee transalp - but oooooo! she's a fithly turn-on !!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I didnt go to any shows last year because I found that over the years they have all been getting worse and worserer !!!!

No shows from some of the big names, no new models on display in the UK (they went elsewhere) Not being able to sit on and try out some of the bikes, disgusting catering, rip off pricing, and the bargains not all that to be honest. I got my last lid in a dealers sale far far cheaper than the cheapest I saw it in Birmingham.

I think these organisers need to get their act together and stop assuming that bikers are an easy cash cow - that we'll turn up to anything with bikes at it and hand over our hard earned cash.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
I went to the Excel show in East London. I've not been to a normal bike show since 1990 (the year the snow caught everyone out) but the tickets were a gift from someone and I was working up the road, so my fuel was paid all the way in and back. I couldn't believe how sad it was. Packed with people, nothing really to buy unless you wanted to put a few shiny bolt on bits on your bike, nothing to look at and I was in and out in about 10 minutes (ooer). I was looking for the next halls and found that the 2 small rooms I'd been pushed about in were it. They won't catch me out again.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
I went to the Excel show in East London. I've not been to a normal bike show since 1990 (the year the snow caught everyone out) but the tickets were a gift from someone and I was working up the road, so my fuel was paid all the way in and back. I couldn't believe how sad it was. Packed with people, nothing really to buy unless you wanted to put a few shiny bolt on bits on your bike, nothing to look at and I was in and out in about 10 minutes (ooer). I was looking for the next halls and found that the 2 small rooms I'd been pushed about in were it. They won't catch me out again.
BMF show at Peterborough in May (even the smaller one in September) is a thousand times more interesting and despite camping there all weekend I never get to see everything.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wee Jack
Seems to be a problem all over. The Irish show was last week. €15 to get in, saw everything and gone in an hour:( .
This year Honda were there, Kawasaki weren't.
So three good bike stands and then a load of tacky crap that should be on QVC etc.
Plus the obligatory bikini wearing totty handing out free magazines:cool:

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Plus the obligatory bikini wearing totty handing out free magazines:cool:
So it was well worth the money then of course. Good value probably! Well that's what you tell the missus. :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it was poor wee jack but the three pound a pint made up for it in edinbrough
£3 a pint !!! sakes Barbara! I would want to be given shares in the brewery for that. You really did have a rip off experience in Scotland this weekend !!!

Maybe it's because you went to edinbrough instead of Edinburgh :p :p

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
that total slut of a teaser, in the shape of the KTM 990 Adventure, is trying her very hardest to seduce me - the tart , and I'm a happily commited man to my wee transalp - but oooooo! she's a fithly turn-on !!
oi !!!! hands off she's mine i tell you all mine:angry4: :D im just sawing the barrels off the shotgun as we speak to raise the funds:confused5: :tongue4: :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oi !!!! hands off she's mine i tell you all mine:angry4: :D im just sawing the barrels off the shotgun as we speak to raise the funds:confused5: :tongue4: :D
Let me get my balaclava on and we'll rob enough for two !!!!

·
17,680 Posts
Let me get my balaclava on and we'll rob enough for two !!!!
ok i'll look menacing and you can scamper around gathering up the notes:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like we have a plan. Now all we need is ballocks !!!:D

·
17,680 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts