Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, honestly, don't bother crossing the border to check out scenery in Scotland. You'll see nothing due to the low cloud, rain, hail, snow etc etc etc

No, really, it's sh#te up here :rolleyes:

Just to prove the point, I talked AfricaJim into taking another day out on the bike (not the hardest thing to do if I’m honest, which I am of course) to see what we couldn't see, if that makes sense?.
Originally thought about going over to Applecross, but things change and we ended up heading for the western end of Loch Ness. On the way I thought a little de-tour down what the locals call the “Cork-Screw” was in order, as Jim hadn’t been that way before. Below you see the state of some of the Highland roads – pot holes filled with cowsh1te! This is actually a road open to the public. It even appears on Street View if you don’t believe me! Look for Inverfarigaig, on the southern shore of Loch Ness and look for a wiggly road!

Jim didn’t really mind, as can be seen by the expression on his face in this picture

We carried on this pat strewn road, looking for a good photo opportunity. I’d gone ahead to check out a good spot. This is Jim in-bound to the spot

Here are the machines with a cute little castle style house in the background, plus some nice piccies of the machine on their own

We eventually made it down the “Cork-Screw” and wended our way to Fort Augustus. Here are a few views of the bikes overlooking the end of the loch and Fort Augustus itself

From Fort Augustus we rode the northern loch road – the one that’s normally chocca with tourists. Not today it wasn’t. Jim and I had a merry ride along the shore to Drumnadroichit, where we turned left and headed for Glen Affric. We exercised our right to subject both edges of our tyres to a good grinding from the coarse highland roads as we headed along some superb bendy bits. The end of the road at Glen Affric was closed to us as the bridge was being repaired, but I it was a nice place to stop and take in the views

Once fully refreshed we ground our way back to Inverness, where a certain XRV type was waiting for us. Lowflyer had been invited on the run today, but apparently he’d hurt his back whilst riding his @ along some forest tracks a couple of weeks ago and so wasn’t up to a little spirited ride. I think he actually damaged his back when he was trying to pick up his wallet. Here is what he was up to when we rolled by – cleaning up his collection motorised toys.

Thanks for the refreshments and nibbles John & Carol.

Excellent weather, company, roads, and scenery. What more could a rider ask for.

THANK YOU SCOTLAND

Steve T

:cool:

Reactions: 621andy

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Ha Ha, nice one lads :thumbup:

Knew I should have never taken you up the corkscrew Steve :D

Really nice day for a run, pity I was laid up, but hey ho, that's the way it goes.
I'm currently taking my medicine ;)

But running out of Glenmorangie :(

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one boys

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
So glad you are not telling any porkies the weather and the roads north of the border are so poor its not worth a visit :D

Looks like you boys had a cracking day :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
No, honestly, don't bother crossing the border to check out scenery in Scotland. You'll see nothing due to the low cloud, rain, hail, snow etc etc etc

No, really, it's sh#te up here :rolleyes:
So I guess you have been trialing the new lens filter which eliminates rain, mist snow etc etc:D:D

Great sceenery up there, if only soneone would move it a bit further south. I love the wide open spaces up there and the south side of Loch Ness really take some beating.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Must be terrible for you. I feel for you, what with the awful weathr and rubbish scenery ;););):D:D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Steve,
I get the distinct impression that those folks do not believe how much crap we have to tolerate up here.;)
Nice piccies and good report. BTW, that Lowflyer should have been bouncing around on the Airhawk I sent him instead of cleaning his toys. :thumbright:

Andy.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
bloody horrific , i dont know how you cope:( . once ive recovered after my opp i need to bring the tigger oop there to show it how hard life up there really is:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Actually it was foggy here today. Well first thing anyway

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
A cracking day was had, sorry you couldn't make it John, but thanks to you and your missus for the refreshments. Hope you'll be fully recovered for the Galloway.

The roads were excellent, hard pushed to have so much fun! Thanks Steve for the route, those gated roads you keep coming up with are excellent craic! Glen Affric was also a stunningly beautiful place to visit.

Roll on next week and the Tiger 800XC comes back on line! Bring on Galloway!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
gits :joker:

20+ degrees in Aberdeenshire, so decided to sort the grass before going out for a wee ride myself

discovered most of the green stuff was actually moss ( that's because it's always raining here in Scoland ;) )

so hires a scarrifier thingie ( big mistake )

finished when it got dark and missed my bike ride,
:(

but now have 30+ bags of feking moss and no lawn :joker:

light night so may just .......:toothy1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts