Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scottoiler FST 52 Cleaner/Degreaser

Tried this FST52 when I bought it in a Bike Care kit and I reckon its way better than Mucoff which ive been using for years.

It's usual spray on, leave, agitate stubborn dirt and rinse product.

Differences:
Foams into a soap when added to water, used on a wet sponge or during agitation which prevents it drying and staining which is the biggest problem I have with other products.

Also removes all the flecks of scottoiler oil on my bike. Previous stuff didn't do this even if I left it to penetrate. This stuff cuts right through the residual oil so it comes off onto a cloth. Note, it doesn't break it down, just allows it to be agitated off. Fairly important when used round chains and bearings etc.

Sprayed direct onto rear wheel, surrounding splashed areas and underneath the engine, agitate with light brushing and cleans like a dream. Soft cloth on stubborn areas like rear of number plate and near side of rim for the truly excessive chain splat.
Spray onto screen directly if covered with flys but I just sprayed a damp sponge with it and wiped the screen and front areas to remove speed grime. Rinse and it's all gone.
Added some to bucket of water and rinsed the rest of the bike with it for the an all round finish.

Usual biodegrade stuff and smells of roses (er no it doesn't but what u doin smelling it?).

Comes in a 500ml spray bottle which has a decent trigger spray, again an improvement on alternative product.

Currently only in 500ml spray but I hope they add a 5L can as it becomes popular.

Buy a 'bike care' pack of 500ml of FST 52 and 1L of FS 365 for only £10! (7.50 on its own) On their site now. Dealers may split this to sell separate as mine did. Will buy direct I think.

Note: if your offended by the idea of cleaning your bike then please ignore this review. I've got a field here for you in Norfolk, so you can also be as happy as a pig in s###e!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts