Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
eel be alright, won't er?
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recent new chain & sprockets for my AT, I have bought a scottoiler and fitted it in the week to look after them.
I think the best overall place for tidiness and to feed the oil onto the chain is when the chain leaves the front sprocket – so decided that's where I'd fit it.

Feeding the chain where it leaves the front sprocket will oil the inside of the chain in the middle, no wind when the feeder drips as it is behind the sprocket cover, centrifugal force will force the oil outward when chain enters rear sprocket, and its neat - you can’t see that its fitted.

To keep the feed pipe close and to feed oil centrally onto the chain required a bracket. I decided the easiest bolt for this was the lowest of the oil seal retaining bolts.
I made a simple bracket out of aluminium to suit which cannot move when bolted on, and does not obstruct the sprocket cover.

The bracket is also mounted so that I can visually check if the end of the feed pipe has moved off centre of the chain. I can do this without removing the sprocket cover, by shining a torch from behind it, but I don't think it'll move.

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
very neet job indeed!!! well done!

ive just about given up with my scottoiler as ive spent more time fixing it than anything else ive ever owned....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your bike is so clean! You can even see that the colour of the oil filter is black and not a beautiful shade of grime! I feel positively embarressed - guess I'll have to break out the buckets and hoses this weekend.

·
eel be alright, won't er?
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your bike is so clean! You can even see that the colour of the oil filter is black and not a beautiful shade of grime! I feel positively embarressed - guess I'll have to break out the buckets and hoses this weekend.
Its not always that clean! When I started fitting the oiler I kept getting covered in thick clumps of grime so decided to clean it first!! Much better working when its clean. Worked in some comma hyper clean engine degreaser with a paint brush a couple of times and it shifts it too! Won't stay clean for long though!!:D

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
That's fantastic! Well done!! I've been thinking about doing this as well, but couldn't see a way to do it. You've given me ideas...

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
very neet job indeed!!! well done!

ive just about given up with my scottoiler as ive spent more time fixing it than anything else ive ever owned....
ME too:mad:

I am give this a try.. and then maybe go pro-oiler...

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Excellent, thanks alot for that, great piccies too!:thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
thats a well thought out simple solution mate:cool::cool::cool::thumbup: nice one

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Thinking about doing this mod myself, after I have built my oiler. :rolleyes:

Does this method of feeding oil to the chain keep the rear wheel any cleaner than the normal rear sprocket location?

Andy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts