Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its another scottoiler question but after searching all other posts i am still in the dark.

Ref Touring type mounted at the number plate;

From the 'T' cut into the vacuum pipe is it correct you have a tube going all the way to the RMV, this is connected to the HCR by another short tube, which then has a tube going to the sprocket?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I know its another scottoiler question but after searching all other posts i am still in the dark.

Ref Touring type mounted at the number plate;

From the 'T' cut into the vacuum pipe is it correct you have a tube going all the way to the RMV, this is connected to the HCR by another short tube, which then has a tube going to the sprocket?

Many thanks.
I haven't got the professional touring kit (I have a DIY one for about 10p).

The vacuum pipe opens the valve in the RMV, so wherever the RMV is located the black piping will need to go to it.

I don't exactly how the RMV/HCR work together but I would expect the pipe that is normally the breather for the RMV will be connected to the HCR, if they are next to each other behind the number plate that is probably the short tube. I thought the HCR would feed/top up the RMV which then feeds the pipe to the sprocket, as usual. Might be wrong though and the HCR/RMV is different to a DIY set up.

The whole thing is very simple and is all activated by the vacuum from your inlet manifold.

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
It's the same as your DIY set up Austin -

Vac pipe from vac source (inlet rubber or whatever) to little rubber tube coming out of the top of RMV
Oil feed to the chain comes from the brass fitting at the bottom of the RMV
Oil topped-up continuously from Touring reservoir via "vent" pipe that goes to the filler-bung thing on the side of the RMV.

Sorted... :D

And they last well, too. I last filled mine in Brazzaville ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts