Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just had my first test ride on my Dommie since I fitted the Keihin FCR41mm flatside carb and the modified footrests that my son got welded up for me.:D:D:D
My first thoughts were "holy crap" and WTF as the bike shot off like a scolded cat....:D:D:D
If any of you Dommie riders have not done this mod, you really should :thumbup:
I think the 41mm might be a bit on the large side as it spits and pops like a goodun especially when you change down.
I dont know how this carb will affect the top end and I dont really care..
Now the sun is shining its time to go for another blast and see if i can do a wheelie for the first time in 30 odd yrs;););)
For those of you that havnt seen the picture, I promise this is the last time I will post it..:):):)

12400981_1080688428617959_2760391526086921046_n.jpg
The only job I have left to do on it is to fit a Smiths style speedo so I can see how many miles I am getting out of my XL600R petrol tank coz I hate not knowing how much petrol I have left in it and I hate pushing bikes to fill up even more.
I will post another video when jnr comes at the weekend with his Canon fidgital camera for your perusal...
I want to say a big thank you to every single member that offered me advice during my build , I wouldnt have got it finished without your input....
Now I just need to see if jnr can get hold of some Danish totty for a photo shoot :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thanks again chaps ,its nice to have so many experts out there that are willing to give their tuppence worth when it was needed :color::color::color:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
your going to have to uprate the brakes now :D :thumbright: i'm delighted for you enjoy the buzz off it . It was pulling well in a video you posted a while back looking forward to seeing the new vid .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brakes are well sorted mate ,with the 19 inch front wheel theres a Brembo caliper and braided hose taking care of buisness and braided hose on the back...
It pulls like a triple turbo tractor now and I am looking forward to a longer test ride , I will probably give it to jnr when he turns 20 next year as I did originally build it for him...:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts