Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
:cool:

Thanks for those pics Kjell very nice indeed, Hi Lutin yes they did not a bad bike had a go on one once but then I do like Guzzies having had a few, the Quota was a nice bike too rather rare.

BIG D

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Just going to take a cold shower:mrgreen:
I went to the GMG in 2006 at Mandello; absolutely fantastic.
Had a T3 at the time; another bike I should have kept!!!! No change there then.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am building one, out of a Ambassador. I want to turn the motor 90deg in the frame, and run a chain drive rear end.
Ahoo, that's a fresh approach!

I know there were some racers that got rid of the shaftdrive and they used a "90 degree bevel gear" with a sprocket and a chain to the rear wheel.
I honestly think that would be a better solution, than to turn the whole engine around.

I really like Guzzis!
I have had three different LeMans III and one Daytona 1000 (bought from "On Yer Bike" in the UK).
My brother owned a V7 Sport 1974, with OEM twin discs at the front, one Lemans III, and now owns a really tweeked parts bin café racer with lots of go fast parts and LeMans front end.

Anyone fancy a V7 Sport? This example is 4-sale at a Swedish Internet website for 8 000 Euro.
(No, not be me, or anyone connected to me).

Yes the Quota is a nice bike, albeit with some issues concering the fuelinjection for the 1100 model.

Sadly Guzzis are to pricey for what they are. But this one could find a home with me, if found cheap...

The Bellagio

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
When I changed the air filter on my T3, I spent 75 years trying to put the housing back on the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
In the end, I did what most people did and fitted an after market breather box, Conical K&Ns and rejetted.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There was a 1999? Quota for sale on EBay in Dursley September last year about 1/4 mile from me. he wanted £3000 and it did not sell. Looked OKish, but not worth that to me. I went and brought a GS! A composite picture below
MG 99 Quota.jpg

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That Quota did not look bad at all.

Yes, BMW's GS range from 1100 to 1150 is in many ways a better machine when compared to the Quota, and the 1200GS is also a better machine than the Stelvio, but considering the size of each engineering department, and the size of each company RD department wallets, the Guzzi people have not done to bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts