1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know but if you read the blurb hes got special problems, being 6'5" and the givi high screen isnt doing it for him. his bracket is quite neat i think and less than some on the market, so good luck to him. shame hes limited to varaderos but i hope he sells some. i might be concerned about the force pushing on that screen at speed though, those eight crossways screws had better be done up bas###d tight!
personally i think a lot of buffetting and noise is because the oem screen isnt WIDE enough. i was going to get a new screen that was 50mm wider each side and 60mm taller, but ive forgotten what make it was now and i cant be bothered. im 6'2" and dont particularly have any trouble with the normal screen on the high holes

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
yeah i know but if you read the blurb hes got special problems, being 6'5" and the givi high screen isnt doing it for him. his bracket is quite neat i think and less than some on the market, so good luck to him. shame hes limited to varaderos but i hope he sells some. i might be concerned about the force pushing on that screen at speed though, those eight crossways screws had better be done up bas###d tight!
personally i think a lot of buffetting and noise is because the oem screen isnt WIDE enough. i was going to get a new screen that was 50mm wider each side and 60mm taller, but ive forgotten what make it was now and i cant be bothered. im 6'2" and dont particularly have any trouble with the normal screen on the high holes
My screen gives me a bit of buffeting on long runs it can give me a headache i'm in two minds at the moment about buying an mra vario for it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea...Great idea but I said it's a lot of money just for two brackets and it's a shame it's not a more realistic price...:(

I would go for one for sure if the price was a bit more acceptable...:confused:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
My screen gives me a bit of buffeting on long runs it can give me a headache i'm in two minds at the moment about buying an mra vario for it
Jason, go for the MRA. Recommended :thumbright:

this brackety thing looks like a good idea and is a solution I thought about but don't have the skill to make, although I was was trying to cure a differnt problem. I think it looks a bit ugly though but, the bracket plus the MRA, now that could be even more interestig:p.

On the other hand, wind in the face, fighting the elements, and so on is all part of the biking experience. Following this line leads to the purchase of a ful dress gold wing :(

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the other hand, wind in the face, fighting the elements, and so on is all part of the biking experience. Following this line leads to the purchase of a ful dress gold wing :(
i dont know, that gets pretty knackering on a long distance ride, its nice to be spoilt and still not have a car.
ive ridden a 1800 GW with son on the back and thought it was a right laugh, if money was no object and i could have more practical bikes too i could see me having one for long trips. its the two wheeled equivelent of a caravan.
the bike with the best screen ive ever ridden is the 1300 pan euro. a good riding position and a big electric screen to play with, no noise, no wind, well designed i thought. both bikes had a stereo and you could hear both fine at speed, which was weirder than either the low down weight of the wing or the wind 'pushing on your back' feeling of the pan

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Jason, go for the MRA. Recommended :thumbright:

this brackety thing looks like a good idea and is a solution I thought about but don't have the skill to make, although I was was trying to cure a differnt problem. I think it looks a bit ugly though but, the bracket plus the MRA, now that could be even more interestig:p.

Bit Ugly?................................................Pig Ugly is the phrase:thumbup:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not interested in one, but i wonder how much wind goes up between the screen and headlight?

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I made my own and took it off again
the screen just looked crap so far away from the housing
I kept half of the bracket fitted so its much higher than normal and works quite well but I'm a short arse so cant advise for the 6 footers here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there folks

I am the developer of the Laminar Flow
I have to say this is the first bad stuff I've heard about the Laminar Flow. I have had 100% positive feedback from users. Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially with regards to looks. What looks good to some may not to others.
What I would like to say is that this does work, for those (like me) who ride many miles it really helps helmet noise, buffeting and riding enjoyment. It is a function over form product (for those who think it's "pig ugly").

No hard feelings - to that end I would like to inform you that members of the forum can offer £60 and I will accept. (please let me know you are part of the XRV forum)

All the best

Jack

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Hi there folks

I am the developer of the Laminar Flow
I have to say this is the first bad stuff I've heard about the Laminar Flow. I have had 100% positive feedback from users. Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially with regards to looks. What looks good to some may not to others.
What I would like to say is that this does work, for those (like me) who ride many miles it really helps helmet noise, buffeting and riding enjoyment. It is a function over form product (for those who think it's "pig ugly").

No hard feelings - to that end I would like to inform you that members of the forum can offer £60 and I will accept. (please let me know you are part of the XRV forum)

All the best

Jack

:rolleyes:whoopsie

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi there folks

I am the developer of the Laminar Flow.........

...............I would like to inform you that members of the forum can offer £60 and I will accept. (please let me know you are part of the XRV forum)

All the best

Jack
cant say fairer than that, nice one jack and good luck with the product

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got one off Ebay, fitted it (60 mins), looks good I think....have not taken the bike out yet to test noise/wind reduction claims yet but will post when I have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered one a few days ago. I have an extention on my stock windscreen. I may have to order a tall Givi screen to go with it! Let us know how you make out with yours. I'm due to go on a tour soon but I'm not sure whether the laminar flow will reach Canada by my departure date !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look forward to your conclusion bluemoon as I'm very tempted to get one soon..

Don't forget to let us no if it works ok....:thumbleft:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will do..

What I will say, is that the You Tube clip on the Ebay advert is really good for helping you fit it...nice touch !

Ta

1 - 20 of 27 Posts