Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of fitting an RD07 seat to the RD04

04 seats are like hens teeth but there a few for the 07 on fleabay, I want to convert to a single seat but would like to be able to go back to original if and when I fek it up

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I'll have a look when I get home as I have both and will be able to see what might need doing

The 2 locate differently but it should not be that hard to adapt - of you're doing a single seat then you'd be cutting off the back of the RD07 seat where it locates into the lock mechanism

Then all you'll need is some plates with holes making up to screw/ bolt into the undersides of the seat to fit where the RDo4 seat mounts are

Hope you are well Nick

Speak soon

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Just got in Nick

I'll have a look now while you're on.....wait there a minute!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377113260.719845.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377113334.850364.jpg

Pics of RD 07a seat base. Earlier seats had two clips, one each side where mine has one. You can see the moulded shape where the other clip fitted. Hope that helps a bit.

Attachments

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
It should work, they are the same width. I have taken a picture side by side of the underside of the two seats

I'll upload then from another computer shortly

Here you go

RD04 is he white base

P1050731.jpg P1050732.jpg

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watcha rekkon Paul????
will the brackets swap over?? Then just need to cut the arse end off and add some comfybum padding. Job would be very very quick

Has the RD07 more padding? or are the edges rounded, will the side panels still under?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Just PMd my number but I see your not subscribed

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Good talking to you Paul.

I'm going to cut the original down but as you said on the phone leave the base intact and mount a rack on top.

Trying fekkin hard NOT to make a project of this, just cant stop fiddling

1 - 10 of 10 Posts